Is there any point in a guy diversifying his outfit styles from the mainstream look?

Men for the most part dress up in clothes to attract women. Is it just me or is it somewhat pointless for a guy to diversify his outfits much if at all from the standard clothing in terms of attracting girls?

What i mean by this is... honestly I've tried dressing more fashion orientated also with more indie vibes... but the reality was even with girls that dressed ''indie'' I didn't seem to have any more luck with them. I get the impression that If you want to attract women (in general and of different clothing styles) basically a shirt, smart shoes and a jacket or blazer is the ideal outfit (unless it is a casual atmosphere then you may want to wear jeans instead of suit trousers). Any kind of originality is pointless even amongst girls who share the same style genre. This is excluding the really ''edgy'' emo/cloth/heavy metal lot, they seem to stick together mainly because most of society sees that style as a bit too weird for them not to notice... i personally don't view them as weird I respect anyone who has the balls to wear something that sticks out so much.
Bottom line is I've worn slightly more hipster vibe clothing and attracted girls who aren't remotely dressed in that way and girls who wear the same style don't seem to care or even acknowledge my clothing. I know i sound conceited as hell and i don't mean to be... i don't expect women to like what i'm wearing but i just find it weird that i can wear my hip vibes and it will only reduce the amount of success i get (ok i get this part...) but It won't increase success with girls who share the same look?

This is just an observation (probably poorly explained) that I've made. The conclusion: basically if you are a guy just wear nice fitting smart 'business like' clothes if you want to attract women (including those that don't wear ''mainstream clothing'').

12