Can you talk properly with a tongue piercing?

I was just wondering if the way you talk stays the same after having a piercing on your tongue (and ofc I mean after it has completely healed and isn't swollen anymore)...
Does anyone have one and can tell me if you talk normally? Or do we like..."hear" the piercings maybe against the teeth?

by the way I don't want opinions like "omg this is horrible don't do it" I just happen to love piercings, so it will be no use πŸ˜„ thanks in advance!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You will no longer be able to say "These thin thongs are threadbare" without spitting enough spit to drown a penguin.

You'll sound like you have a mouth full of balls.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the size of the gem/stone. I want one so it does affect my speech.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Your body learns to adapt. I've not got a tongue piercing but I do have dentures - top 4 front teeth and bottom 4 front teeth. It took me a little while to adapt to speaking with two big pieces of plastic in my mouth which changed its shape but I've got used to it now. Also, people couldn't tell I have dentures so it's not like I talk differently now.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. The people I know have trouble enunciating, which makes it sound like they're mumbling. This could be them or it could be from the piercing, not sure. 2. The purpose of talking is to communicate your thoughts to someone else, right? It's hard to focus on the person you're speaking with if they have a big metal thing flapping around, which is why many employers don't permit such piercings.

2|0
    0|0
  • Those things look ridiculous. And any bitch with a tongue piercing develops an immediate speech impediment. But they do feel kind of strangely stimulating rubbing against my cock

1|0
    0|0
  • No, you have a tendency to lisp afterwards. Can't understand people who do this.

1|0
    0|0
    • Okey thanks πŸ˜„ this piercing is just liked by some people haha I don't see what's so horrible about it... but :/ I don't want to have difficulties to speak so I think I won't get one, I'm not sure...

• I dated a girl with one, and it didn't have any impact on how she sounded.

She did have it before I met her, though, so I can't directly compare with and without.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know a girl with two tongue piercings and she sounds totally normal

1|0
    0|0
  • If the piercing is made in the center of the tongue then you're voice is the same. But care, if its on the top you won't be able to pronounce the s letter properly

0|0
    0|0
    • Okey thanks I'll make sure to pay attention to that πŸ˜„

• I don't know but I sure love them

1|0
    0|0
  • yes your fine

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes