Do people really rate other people's appearances?

Both guys and girls, do you rate people and their looks, either with your friends or just by yourself? Would you refer to someone as "a six" or "a ten" or any other number on the scale?
If you rate others, do you rate yourself too?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would never do that. I find that extremely a rude behavior.

I find everyone beautiful in their own way. The differences in our appearance is the essential key to beauty. Different shapes, sizes, styles and colors, everybody have their own unique beauty entitled to their own skin.

Rating systems and labeling each other as human beings is something that created by ourselves. We constantly put a certain style ahead and worship and make it look like that's what's the most important while is not. There is no regulation to beauty. Beauty is absolutely subjective.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never heard a person assigning a number to anyone's looks in real life, but it seems like on here that's the norm. @.@

0|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• I can't think of a single time where I've rated a girl with a number when talking with friends. I'm sure it has happened but so rarely that I don't even remember it. Usually we would just use a superlative to describe the girl and that alone would express the degree to which we rate her (she is stunning, etc).

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't rate people in real life. But yes, I do that here on GAG. Because many gagers ask such questions here. Even though I don't believe on such 'rating system ' 😂
    Now second question. Lol. It's quite tough. I will give 7.5/10 to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never refer to someone as a "6" or a "7" because I have no idea what those numbers mean. I mean, what makes one person a 6 and another a 7?

I judge people on their personality first and foremost

0|0
    0|0
  • Sadly yes. Our society as a whole is incredibly superficial and there a few people who dont judge by looks. I've been told I'm an 8.5 by a lot of women, but other guys say more like a 6. Ratings don't define a person, neither does their face. A person should be defined by their actions and how they treat others including themselves. We all will get old and wrinkly or get develop acne if we eat to many oily foods, but not everyone can stand up for someone who's being bullied when no one else is there or who brings a homeless person some food when no one else is watching. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • SMV - the 'sexual market value' scale is real - yes, everyone rates everyone else. It's how we discern what we like and don't like and where we fit in to the mix.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, definitely. Below a 5 is pretty horrible, 5-6 is plain, 7-8 is attractive, 9 is gorgeous, and 10 is the mythical hot girl into chubby guys who also plays video games. A total unicorn.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • I rated a girl pie once and told her shed have to spend eternity trying to figure it out.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are curious and it's not that big of a deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea I rate a girl when describing her go give them an idea of how she looks. I rate myself too Id say im about a 7 maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do rate others, but try not to rate myself so I just consider myself average.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't it just doesn't make since to me

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't rate. I compliment.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't give numbers...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that's a real thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe in rating others.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, I rate you 7 and I rate myself 7 as well

0|0
    0|0
  • of course we do... and u gals also do the same...

0|0
    0|0
  • People do this here :)

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• No, I don't like to be rated and I don't rate other people. I prefer real words to describe someone's looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just know what I like when I see it. It's more of a pass or fail system for me lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do

0|0
    0|0
  • i never do that. i think it's more guys

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes