When you look at someone's hair, what do you notice first/prefer more?

It's weird for me but in girls I see both thickness and length but in guys I only see thickness. :/

I'm conscious about hair thickness more than anything else. My own hair is super thin.

• Length
    Vote A
  • Color
    Vote B
  • Thickness
    Vote C
  • Shine
    Vote D
  • Curl pattern
    Vote E
  • Texture
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• In women I notice the hair length first and then the hair color. On men I notice if they're balding or not first and then hair color.

Most women (especially young ones) looks best with long hair. Hair color depends from person to person. But men looks often best with dark thick hair. It depends from man to man if he suits long, short or both hair best.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I get you, girl! My hair is also thin. And you know, we first notice what we don't have. If you had a huge nose, you would first notice that guy with a cute tiny nose. It's normal, opposites attract each other.
    I first notice how thick someone's hair is. And admire it.
    Love you! x

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I don't think there is a particular attribute to ones hair that I notice first?

honestly I wouldn't worry about it. I've never heard a group of guys say , ew look at that girls thin hair!
    I mean... ever

and I'll bet it probably looks great lol you're being self conscious

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh noooo it's not about that! Yes it's true I'm kinda self-conscious about my almost bald head :( but I wanted to see what people seem to like more.

Over here I see that no matter what it's always the hair length that people see. Guys here like long hair too, but coming across the internet I saw guys liking other stuff too like color or texture. Wanted to see what hair type is preferred most. ^^

• depends on the woman. different things look good on different people :)

• Trueeeeeee. Can't agree more!

• I notice the length and color first, because that is what's easiest to see from a distance, and when I first see someone they are usually a fair distance away.

1|0
    0|0
    • Makes sense. :)

But I surely meant what you notice first by LOOKING and not SEEING. Meaning the things you like. I hope I could explain the difference. :3

• Oh, ok - I see what you mean.

What I like most is... well... hmmmmm. This is harder to articulate that I would have thought it would be!

I guess what I like most is hair that look natural. By this I mean hair that does not look like it is held in place with hairspray, or look like it is permed or dyed. If hair is natural looking I usually like it, regardless of color. I prefer long, full hair, but think that sometimes mid-length hairstyles also look really good.

• I notice texture and thickness, but length first of all. YOU have to look for a while to pick up texture and thickness.

Or run your fingers through her hair!!!

And that isn't so easy to get do do!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm going with other. In all honesty the feature that attracts me most to women is the "cuteness" of their hairstyle. Myself and my daughter , like you have thin hair. The longer it gets, the less you can do with it. For thin hair, if you have it long nothing beats something along the lines of a french braid. Being a man I obviously couldn't do that so my hairstyle was a flat top. Wore it for years until I started to go bald and shaved my head.

1|0
    0|0
  • how they r lying on the head... then colour.. then shine..

1|0
    0|0
  • In girls I see color length curls and even texture.

1|0
    0|0
  • everything that too within a second.

1|0
    0|0
  • Thickness, length and then color

1|0
    0|0
  • Colour

1|0
    0|0
  • Length and color are all that I can notice

1|0
    0|0
  • all, the haircut, the thickness and the color

1|0
    0|0
  • Length

1|0
    0|0
  • hair style and thickness

1|0
    0|0
  • Hair style and colour...

1|0
    0|0
  • Length

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually see whether it's thick or thin.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl has black hair, instant win

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I take notice of mainly length, but i also notice colour, pattern, and thickness. Because i just find it interesting to see the so many different types. I probably look at length most because my hair is just past my hips and I'm always looking to see how many others are similar. As it is not many that i have seen.

1|0
    0|0
  • I notice how styled and taken care of it is lol. I think because I walk out my door with wet hair so I'm always on awe of people who actually put effort into it

1|0
    0|0
  • I just notice if it looks healthy and not clean.
    I'm more obsessed with my own hair than others.

1|0
    0|0
  • I see the volume in the hair, so I guess texture kind of

1|0
    0|0
  • I get happy when I see a sista wearing here natural hair or really cute box braids.

1|0
    0|0
  • I look at how well they maintain it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I envy straight hair so much.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hair style and length

1|0
    0|0
  • Curl patron