Girls, A good foundation for acne prone skin?

Hiyaaa!

Since I just realized that my current foundation is like... six years old (I rarely use foundation) and I'd really like a new one!

It needs to be extremely light, since I'm as pale as a corpse.
I'm going to use it for clubbing, parties, formal events etc. so I kind of need it to be longlasting, mattefying. My skin tend to get oily!

hugs :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey,
    I would first start off by working from the inside out. I know it sounds cliche but I have always made sure I eat and drink for the health of my skin/hair and nails. Plenty of water throughout the day, fruits and veggies and also nuts, grains, oily fish etc (There are a tonne more things on the web about that)

I have a very oily nose so I use Simple Mattifying Facial wash morning and night and then moisturise with a light facial cream, I also exfoliate once a week and I use Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation. It's non-oily and lasts all day long without the heavy feeling you get with some foundations but it is on the pricey side. If you have a local Boots or Debenhams you can get a 7-day sample for free.

NYX Mattifying Blotting Paper is something I always keep in my bag too, you just blot a sheet on your nose if it begins to get shiny during the day.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Sorry I forgot to add that your foundation will not last regardless of the brand without a decent primer. Always make sure the primer is not oil based! Benefit Porefessional is great, I use it every day and also Becca Ever Lasting Matte Primer if you fancy splashing out.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• I use mineral powder foundation. It's supposed to be good for oily and acne complexions, and for me at least it seems to be true. Look for one with SPF, and remember to clean your makeup brushes frequently. Some brands of mineral powder makeup are more expensive than others. If you're on a budget, there definitely are drugstore brands that aren't super expensive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry, can't help with this one..

I do wanna recommend a home remedy tho.
    1 tbs of turmeric
    1 tbs of yogurt
    1 tbs of honey
    Leave it on your face for about 15 mins, then wash off WITH SOAP or facewash. Cleanse your face afterwards (again) to make sure none of the yellow stays put. Repeat every day for one week, and then check the results to see if it works for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently bare minerals will actually CHANGE your skin and improve it, since its all mineral. I have tried it once and it looks beautiful, but Im not willing to pay 30 bucks for it. I use CC cream and it is better on your skin than foundation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mac face and body, we use it a lot in brides and for makeup looks for proms or just when peoole know they will be photographed a lot just be careful with the power you wear it with

0|0
    0|0
  • Shidheido makes a really grates tinted moisturizer. It's very light weight so it works for my skin which tends to get very oily throughout the day. Also, they do have have light shades to pick from from.

0|0
    0|0
  • Almay clear complexion is good for people with acne prone skin and it comes in a lot of shades

0|0
    0|0
  • Clinique has good foundation for acne prone skin, I think there’s a brand called Dermablend as well. Try them out :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well they say Neutrogena is great for acne skin... I've never tried it but I am currently looking for a matte foundation for my vacation to Vegas. I've seen a social media post about how much oil is in your foundation. Out of six fondations Lancôme, Estée Lauder, NARS, MAC, Maybelline, and Urban Decay... NARS was the oilest then Maybelline Tru Match Matte, MAC, Urban Decay was little to none, then the best ones were Lancôme and Estée Lauder. Both of those can be expensive but I say if you wear makeup a lot... Its worth it. Im going to try out Urban Decay.

0|0
    0|0
    • I also have oily skin and from experience Maybelline has made me loom like a grease ball and its suppose to be matte.

• i use a foundation called NARS its great its full coverage and it turn out matt when it drys so no oily skin!

0|0
    0|0
  • Tarte Amazonian clay or the naked all night foundation

0|0
    0|0
  • elf brand foundation. I don't know if it works for everyone but it works for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I remember well it is a cushion from medicube I will update if I find again the video about it

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd suggest using BB cream it's very light

0|0
    0|0
  • Bare minerals is really good for sensitive skin

0|0
    0|0
  • Bare minerals

0|0
    0|0
  • CHANEL le blanc

0|0
    0|0
  • go to Ulta! they have very healthy foundations

0|0
    0|0
  • BB cream

0|0
    0|0
  • I would strongly suggest asking the other women on the discussion boards at acne. org

0|0
    0|0
  • Revlon pretty good

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes