Girls, A good foundation for acne prone skin?

Hiyaaa!

Since I just realized that my current foundation is like... six years old (I rarely use foundation) and I'd really like a new one!

It needs to be extremely light, since I'm as pale as a corpse.
I'm going to use it for clubbing, parties, formal events etc. so I kind of need it to be longlasting, mattefying. My skin tend to get oily!

hugs :)

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey,
    I would first start off by working from the inside out. I know it sounds cliche but I have always made sure I eat and drink for the health of my skin/hair and nails. Plenty of water throughout the day, fruits and veggies and also nuts, grains, oily fish etc (There are a tonne more things on the web about that)

I have a very oily nose so I use Simple Mattifying Facial wash morning and night and then moisturise with a light facial cream, I also exfoliate once a week and I use Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation. It's non-oily and lasts all day long without the heavy feeling you get with some foundations but it is on the pricey side. If you have a local Boots or Debenhams you can get a 7-day sample for free.

NYX Mattifying Blotting Paper is something I always keep in my bag too, you just blot a sheet on your nose if it begins to get shiny during the day.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Sorry I forgot to add that your foundation will not last regardless of the brand without a decent primer. Always make sure the primer is not oil based! Benefit Porefessional is great, I use it every day and also Becca Ever Lasting Matte Primer if you fancy splashing out.