Anyone ever pose for an art class?

Local art class is asking for models willing to do clothed and nude poses.
The nudity doesn't bother me, but I am concerned posing for extended periods of time.
Anyone ever do this before? Advice and tips? Is it pretty strenuous?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey I think I can help, I am an artist and I have also posed before.
    Normally as artists our concern is that you (model) are comfortable. You need to voice what you are comfortable with. Normally you will do a few standing short poses. These poses each last for 5 or 10 minutes each. Modals normally get a break every half hour or sometimes 15 minutes depending on the pose. The final pose will probably be for an hour or an hour and a half. For this pose you want to do something where you as sitting or laying. Make sure you are comfortable. Tips... NEVER SMILE. When I modeled I did this and it was horrible to try and hold a smile for and hour. Keeping your eyes down or looking down is great because you don't have to hold your eyes to a certain place. Remember since you will be taking a break every half hour, the long pose should be one you can come back to very easily after the break. Always talk to the person in charge first to see what they expect of you.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• if you can stand for long periods of time you're good. if not then i would ask about maybe getting a timer so that you have a break in the hours of standing still.

also if its for class then it may not be for more than an hour anyway. thats only 2 tv shows and as long as you keep your mind on other things you'll be good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a friend she is an artist and painter, once she asked me to pose for her naked so she can draw me, I did it, it was fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • im with you, standing in the same position for hours would be a nightmare! even sitting or lying down would be hard! not for me

0|0
    0|0
  • the only problem in that will be for you is, to hold still

0|0
    0|0
  • good luck it seems like it would be hard to hold a pose for that long

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• I'm in art school and we have to get people to model nude for us constantly because we need a lot of time with them but it's unhuman to have someone posing for 6 hours. Each pose is usually 20 mins or less, but it is hard, mostly if you have back or leg problems. It's fun though, you get to see how others view you from every angle.

0|0
    0|0
  • There will be breaks here and there but staying poise in your pose is difficult (easier said then done).

If tthe art class is unable to get through it all that day, you'll be there for the other classes that they attend to finish the work off

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I posed as an example for everyone in class for talking back to a teacher

0|2
    0|0
  • I haven't. But I would consider it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes