Anyone ever pose for an art class?

Local art class is asking for models willing to do clothed and nude poses.
The nudity doesn't bother me, but I am concerned posing for extended periods of time.
Anyone ever do this before? Advice and tips? Is it pretty strenuous?

510

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey I think I can help, I am an artist and I have also posed before.
    Normally as artists our concern is that you (model) are comfortable. You need to voice what you are comfortable with. Normally you will do a few standing short poses. These poses each last for 5 or 10 minutes each. Modals normally get a break every half hour or sometimes 15 minutes depending on the pose. The final pose will probably be for an hour or an hour and a half. For this pose you want to do something where you as sitting or laying. Make sure you are comfortable. Tips... NEVER SMILE. When I modeled I did this and it was horrible to try and hold a smile for and hour. Keeping your eyes down or looking down is great because you don't have to hold your eyes to a certain place. Remember since you will be taking a break every half hour, the long pose should be one you can come back to very easily after the break. Always talk to the person in charge first to see what they expect of you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE