Guys, would you prefer a girl who embraces her pale skin, or a girl who wears fake tan?

• Pale skin
  • Fake tan

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely pale skin, which I think is lovely. Besides, tanning causes melanoma, even if you use UVB. Just ask any Dermatologist.
    ~JSmith

• Tanning also ages your skin cells, so you'll have wrinklier skin. Scientific studies also show that pale skin is more sexually attractive in women because it makes your cheeks and lips appear more red, and the cheeks/lips get redder during arousal.

• @kejisa I concur with this. I would add that tanning did not become popular until the early 1900's when physicians began prescribing it for a variety of ailments, most notably tuberculosis, which was the second leading killer at the time. When you were ill and returned from a place in the sun, people would say “You look much better,” in an effort to show support. Unfortunately, this often repeated and well-intentioned lie was gradually believed by most people and they began sun bathing even though they felt fine. There is no evidence that exposure to solar radiation has any beneficial effects other than production small amounts of vitamin D production in the body.

• @kejisa Prior the 1900’s pale skin was considered beautiful and a sign of affluence because poorer people were usually exposed to the elements as part of their employment and began to take on a weathered appearance. Although the industrial revolution had markedly changed our economies, most countries---including America--- were still largely agrarian. Everywhere but in the largest cities, people relied on farming to survive, a distinctly outdoor job.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pale skin is really pretty and scientifically proven to be more sexually appealing on women, because it makes your red cheeks/blush appear more and makes your lips appear more red, so pale skin is a good thing.