I had my period and used pad in my bikini - was there really something bad about it?

The other day I and my friend went to a beach since the weather was really hot and wanted enjoy it a bit. Unfortunately I had my period, so I could not go inside, so I stayed outside sunbathing (don't like tampons either). Since my flow was not so light I had to use somewhat more absorbent pad, and they had those wings too. my skin is so pale and I did not want to have those shorts line, so I just had the plain bikini bottom and the wings hanging out of them. My friend warned about it and asked something like am I sure it's no problem, but I said it was fine.

So now I'm wondering, is there really something weird about this? Because I thought bleeding is kinda normal for girls and there was still no blood visible whatsoever.

93

Most Helpful Guy

• its not very attractive to see a girls pad hanging from a bikini, no.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it's a little funny looking and weird. No point of wearing a bikini while wearing a pad. Might as well wear shorts that will hide that.

There are pads without wings you can buy or if you don't like tampons, look into the DIVA cup.