I had my period and used pad in my bikini - was there really something bad about it?

The other day I and my friend went to a beach since the weather was really hot and wanted enjoy it a bit. Unfortunately I had my period, so I could not go inside, so I stayed outside sunbathing (don't like tampons either). Since my flow was not so light I had to use somewhat more absorbent pad, and they had those wings too. my skin is so pale and I did not want to have those shorts line, so I just had the plain bikini bottom and the wings hanging out of them. My friend warned about it and asked something like am I sure it's no problem, but I said it was fine.

So now I'm wondering, is there really something weird about this? Because I thought bleeding is kinda normal for girls and there was still no blood visible whatsoever.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• its not very attractive to see a girls pad hanging from a bikini, no.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it's a little funny looking and weird. No point of wearing a bikini while wearing a pad. Might as well wear shorts that will hide that.

There are pads without wings you can buy or if you don't like tampons, look into the DIVA cup.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 8

• It probably just looked weird knowing that it's something that should be covered.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use pads as we'll and yeah I know the problem. Tbh I would not care they much. I was in the same boat, though I did not worry much about the pad.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh so you did the same like i did?

• Yeah i mean just folded out the wings as like with regular undies

• It's kinda weird seeing the wings hang out. If you're doing make sure to wear shorts or something to cover it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks funny. You could always wrap a cloth around your bikini pants.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wanna corrupt your innocence

2|1
    0|0
  • Just use tampons that are super absorbent from now on.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Chill. There is nothing wrong with it. You have no reason to feel embarrassment about it.

2|1
    0|0
  • Noh Noh! you can't wear a pad underneath your bikini

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes