What do you think of beauty-conscious guys?

They're a big turn-on to me. Just the fact that they love themselves, take care of themselves and give themselves a bit of their precious time in front of the mirror, and they express themselves through their fashion, the whole thing impresses me a lot!

Updates:
Omg guys! I didn't mean guys who wear makeup! You know you can still take good care of your skin and hair and nails even if you don't wear makeup, right? -.-

And it's important for everyone to choose their outfit wisely. Boys who simply put any t-shirt on with any pants piss me the hell out. -.-

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is always nice to hear that. I totally agree and I am 100% certain that I can say so does my girlfriend LOL. You totally described me in what you wrote, and I am proud to say that I take pride in being conscious of how I look and what I wear. No it doesn't make me gay and I don't take more time in the bathroom as my girlfriend (most of the time LOL) I agree that guys that just throw clothes on that look crappy should be taken under our wing and taught how to respect themselves and how they look :) & that is my.02 Cents ;)

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Amazing! :) It's really appreciable. Some guys just put on any t-shirt with any pants and that looks so annoying, especially when they come in such clothing in class smelling like sweat, ugh this is a classroom not a playground ffs. -.- Wish people realized that.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on what you mean by 'beauty conscious' if you're talking makeup and coloured contact lenses then no.

But if you're talking about the men who take care of their hair and appearance in general then yes. Definitely a turn. It's quite unattractive when a guy doesn't have any sense of his own style and expects you to do the clothes shopping for him. I've seen men like this, and it's not manly to me at all. It's just very lazy.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I don't know how to dress unless it's formally, but I take care of my body, and make sure I look and smell good before leaving the house. Want people to think the best of me ya know?

1|0
    0|0
  • As I am a handsome guy who spend less in mirror and less beauty conscious. I give more preference to beauty of heart rather than the beauty of face. Turn on for a girl or not doesn't matter as I love myself as I am.

0|1
    0|0
  • That sounds feminine. Most girls don't like guys who spend more time in the bathroom than them dolling themselves up.

2|0
    0|0
  • I can definitely be metrosexual with the little maintenance that I have to do. There have even been rumors about me being gay! :-P

1|0
    0|0
  • Italian guys are like that. Why not pay attention as girls do?

1|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't impress me, but I get it. If I had the time and patience I would do the same thing, so I don't feel irritated by them

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a first. Usually people call me narcissistic or too feminine.

1|0
    0|0
  • i think the guy which only prefer looks over heart and character of a person are totaly amature. and desperate for just looks and got attracted and thats not the signs of love this is my opinion and i think like that.

0|0
    0|0
    • And if it is for urself then its cool. but in case of partner i think one should also look and feel the heart of partner.

• Fail honey. Real men aren't into beauty. Sorry. :)

0|2
    1|1
    • On update...
      A couple of things...
      1. Guys don't wear 'outfits'. They wear pants, shirt, a suit, etc. Girls wear 'outfits'.
      2. Taking care of hair and skin, nails, etc, isn't 'beauty' - it's called grooming. And yes, a well-groomed man is a plus. Successful guys take care of themselves and dress well.

And guys are not generally too fussy about putting on a t-shirt and jeans, but if he's taking you on a date or otherwise in a place to impress, then he better the hell pay attention.

It's been said the art of attraction is augmented by dressing a point or two above the rest in any given situation. I could write a book on men's style.

But this isn't 'beauty conscious'. It's okay, you'll get it, your descriptions will improve as you mature. Men aren't 'beautiful', they're 'handsome'. :)

• So beauty is totally a feminine thing to you? I thought that's a word for both genders! :/

And I mentioned that it is more than grooming by including the fact that he cares for his skin. That is not really "grooming" to put on facial masks. I hope i could explain.

• Yes, beauty is a TOTALLY feminine thing. Unless you're gay.
      Right now a soft 'beautiful' tender young guy sounds appealing. I submit to you that over time you will discover than a strong manly-man that can lead and move mountains for you, that is dominate in the bedroom, and can do all the crappy things you don't want to do, will be what attracts you. This latest crop of girlie-men that are wishy-washy and cry a lot are just not attractive to the lizard-brain of the average woman. This is a basic biological imperative.

Proper skin care is 'grooming' for men. Facial masks are for women. Next you'll say he should shave his body. LOL :)

• I'm one of those.

1|0
    0|0
  • Here for the answers, more girls should have answered.

0|0
    0|0
  • A man should have some rough edges to him. Look a bit rugged

0|0
    0|0
  • oh my god hahahahaha I think it's stupid if guys are like this. I would call it gay

0|0
    0|0
  • They are just trying to look cool to impress a girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • we use to call that being conceded.

1|2
    0|0
  • Sounds like a woman to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Big fairies

0|0
    0|0
  • Mollies. Mollies every one.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• i love it for sure. when they smell good and do their hair and wear cologne and all that ugh it gets me. love when guys wash their face as well and dress fashionably and on trend. these are huge for me and if a guy doesn't i most likely won't go for him

1|0
    0|0
  • It's good they should take care of there appearance

1|0
    0|0
  • I like them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I say "yeah! You go boy"

1|0
    0|0
  • It's gay.