Is the natural look really the way to go?

I've heard this a million times from men: "Women should not wear makeup! They look better all natural!". I've always disagreed, I look hideous without makeup. So let's put up a comparison - me with makeup on and me with no makeup at all. Do you still think I shouldn't wear any makeup? Try to be completely honest with this one. I do not get offended if you think either look looks bad on me.
  • Is the natural look really the way to go??Makeup 💄
    Vote A
  • Is the natural look really the way to go??No makeup ✖
    Vote B
  • Other/Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• To be fair most of the talking about makeup among guys I've heard is that it can used to alter your appearance radically, making women look beautiful when if you removed the makeup they would look ugly, so people think it's 'false advertisement' and/or unfair because men can't really do that. But I don't think most people would have a problem in your case, because yes, the makeup makes a noticable difference in your appearance, but at least by my standards you are certainly not ugly even without the makeup. I mean personally I think that the biggest difference in your pictures is that in the one with makeup your eyes don't look as tired to me.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Most women look better with makeup, because that's what makeup is SUPPOSED to do. It enhances your features and improves them. I always find it interesting when men online claim they hate makeup because I've never heard men in real life complain about it. Almost all women I see men lusting over wear makeup. Lol Regardless, I don't think it really matters what anyone else thinks. If a woman wants to wear makeup, she should. If she doesn't, then that's okay too.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• Well, honestly I'd rate you the same in each picture. I will say that's definitely not true for a lot of woman, but you're not hideous. Its once women start to over do makeup that men get a little annoyed. You look like the same person in each photo, as in i could tell if it was you if i suddenly saw you without makeup. Problems arise when woman look like a whole different person once the makeup comes off.

1|0
    0|0
  • you are very naturally beautiful, a little make up is fine, but you can wake up and the guy you wake up next to, should find you just as pretty as if you've been up for hours and put on some light make up. So dont worry so much, you're killing it both ways.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls don't understand that it all depends on how attractive she is. If she's a 9 without makeup, then don't wear it, we prefer natural, but if you're just a 5 without it and turn into a 7 with it, then yes, please, wear it.
    Or don't wear it so the guy knows exactly who he's gonna sleep with, unless he's one of those who doesn't really care as long as she looks good while doing it :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Your face looks a lot nicer without makeup, but your hair in the no makeup picture is what makes me vote for the one where you're all made up. Bottom photo, but after running a comb through your hair? 😘

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure where you're hearing that, but you have a finite set of opinions if they don't care if their girl looks pretty.

If your makeup is done right the guys don't even know what they're looking at - they just know they like it.

Guys are full of shit anyway. LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • You´re beautiful either way but the reason why, well at least me, the reason why I rather see a girl natural beauty are the bunch of girls who look good thanks to a plastic cirgury, they are 100% fake, I want the real thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am certainly not an expert, but a light color (lipstick) would certainly enhance your beautiful eyes. You look great natural ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I like your natural lip color personally I can't stand lipstick. I prefer the makeup it hides the inconsistencies.

0|0
    0|0
  • you look incredible with no makeup. beautiful eyes.

1|1
    0|0
  • I love make-up if it is applied right and not overdone. If you slap on make-up like a 3 year old then it would better if you just don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you look beautiful both with and without makeup. Of course, not every girl has that gift. So congratulations.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer women with some makeup. Natural is fine too but there is a balance where you can use makeup without looking like a clown.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually I like some makeup on girls to hide imperfections but wow if that's really you you look really good natural

1|0
    0|0
  • well I would love to kiss you without any makeup on you
    so it's up to u now...🤔🤔😅😅😋

1|0
    0|0
  • both are just as nice with or without out would be up to you

0|0
    0|0
  • Natural look is the way to go if you look good enough without makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • u got the fact too much correct... more natural.. more attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • It's your life so do whatever you like.

For my side: you look pretty without makeup

1|0
    0|0
  • well said. they just say. but if u go without makeup it's turn off.

0|0
    0|2
  • without for sure

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• For myself, I like to use makeup to create a "natural look" but will often go all out with lipstick and lashes. I can't decide whether people look better with or without though. I feel like there are good things to say about both sides. But on me? I prefer wearing it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i honestly think you look better without, tbh i think it's your application. but your hair looks nicer in the made up photo. if you try some false lashes like velour or huda beauty you will see a huge difference!! guys always go for the made up girl so disregard the no makeup comments lol

1|0
    0|0
  • You look so pretty without makeup. But just to let you know when guys say 'The natural look' they mean natural/ minimal amount of makeup. They don't mean literally wear no makeup. Even though you could actually go without it X

1|0
    0|0
  • You do not look hideous. you look more approachable. Apparently most men say they prefer no make up but often this means very light make up

1|0
    0|0
  • I always think women look better without makeup, but if you are happy wearing makeup then wear makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • In your case, it's better without it. Your amazing green eyes seem to get lost with it.

1|2
    0|0
  • I like either. If the makeup is well-matched it can accentuate beauty. Your face and freckles are cute without though.

1|0
    0|0
  • The natural look isn't always the way to go if that's not the way you want to go. Don't listen to what guys say. It's your face and you can do whatever you want with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Second picture looks better minus the hair...

1|0
    0|0
  • Natural is better.

0|1
    0|0
  • You look great with and without makeup.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you look great either way!

0|0
    0|0
  • a little make up maybe.. but you dont need it

0|0
    0|0
  • The only thing you need makeup for is you’re eyebrows. Other than that you’re way prettier without it, honest.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes