Can you sew down a lace front wig? Should someone with traction alopecia even be wearing wigs? If not what other alternative?

Hi, I'm a teen with traction alopecia and I just want to know if you can sew down a lace front wig, because I'm new into wigs and I'm in highschool and I do not want to be taking a wig off every night and putting it on everyday ( I feel as though that will make my condition worse), so I was just thinking if I could sew it down instead if not that then I could use the band method but I really need a break from my hair and looking in the mirror everyday and seeing my thin edges.

P. s. the whole point of my wearing wigs is to reverse my traction alopecia is that a bad idea?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 3

• I do t thinly you should sew it down being that it would add more tension and you won't have the ability to take it off and let your hair breathe. Definitely try the wigs though just make sure it's not pulling and tugging too much.

1|0
    0|0
  • NO don't put ANY stress on your hair. Just leave it alone/put some jbco oil until your hair grows back again. Don't try to disguse it because when you do that more breakage is likely to occur. Have you considered doing mini twists or just putting your hair up in a loose bun? I think those are good hairstyles that will give your hair a break.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wigs don't sound like a bad idea to help preserve and regrow your hair. I know a few girls who were had the condition and re-grew their hair with a lot of tlc underneath the wigs. A sew in may not be the best idea. They do pull the root of your hair and since you already have traction alopecia, it may cause more friction and tension. Also if you're looking for some ways to grow your hair back, try out home remedies such as oils that improve blood circulation to the scalp ( i. e black castor oil, peppermint oil, mustard seed oil). I completely feel you on the edges, and the oils helped tremendously. I hope your condition improves, all the best of luck to you!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes