Will my friend need to cut his hair for a job?

I have a friend who has very thick, very curly hair past his shoulders. It is very hard to contain and care for, and he does not want to cut it at all if possible, but gets headaches from tying it back. He is going to need to get a job soon though, and I highly doubt that he'll be hired with his hair just as it is. I have a feeling he will end up needing to get it cut at least to some degree, but I was wondering if there were any other options for him, and what other advice he should have, as I'm a girl and have never had to worry about my hair with interviews.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• That would depend on the job. If he has a desk job, he shouldn't have to cut it or tie it up. If he handles food, he won't be forced to cut it, but he will be required to tie it up. If he is doing anything that involves lots of physical labor, it will be left to his discretion, but tying it up would be a hell of a lot easier.

If he doesn't want to get a headache, why doesn't he just tie it up looser?

1|0
    0|0
    • His hair is so thick that it's just the weight of it that gives him a headache, and it's hard to find anything to tie it up with that isn't super tight.

• Show All
    • I'll have to ask him about that, I never thought of that.

• Braiding might not solve the handling food problem, but it would solve the physical labor problem.

And if he is working a desk job, there shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes