Best things to use for frizzy hair?

Products, oils, treatments, shampoo. Anything that can help me please!!

To describe my hair & routine. I have fine hair and it gets greasy after one day or so, mostly near the scalp area. I blow dry my hair frequently and I use a curling wand regularly. I use heat protectant but I'm not sure if that's good enough.
Best things to use for frizzy hair?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• do you have straight or curly hair?

0|0
    0|0
    • I air dried it a few days ago and I think it might be a wavy straight hybrid.
      A lot of my hair went wavy including my side fringe, but it also looked kinda straight.

• Show All
    • have you spoken to them about it for suggestion on what could help?

• They guy didn't really give me any tips. I noticed he used like a serum when he noticed. He just never told me how to control it.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) STOP BLOWDRYING YOUR HAIR
    2) Do not curl it, straighten, etc
    3) try hair oil
    4) do a deep conditioning mask
    5) not sure about brushing (I have curly hair), but I'm guessing it's not curly or wavy so brush when dry (use a good quality brush) - round brush is best
    6) Use a sulfate free shampoo
    7) Many anti frizz sprays (like the morrocan oil anti frizz spray)
    8) Trim split ends
    9) dry your hair with a microfiber towel or a cotton t shirt instead of a towel
    10) use a leave in conditioner
    11) maybe talk to a stylist (getting layers in your hair might help)

good luck :)

3|0
    0|0
    • by the way dont use leave in conditioner, frizz sprays and hair oils (pick the best one for you and your hair type)

• I did get layers from my stylist but they don't seem to help much.

I was thinking of getting some frizz products and stuff so I'll have a spree soon lol.

• @Solstisia this is perfect and so accurate!!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 10

• I fixed my frizzy hair with coconut organic shampoo and conditioner. Then I applied the coconut oil for hair that comes with it while it is still wet. Also, don't try to detangle your hair while it's wet, it'll get more damaged. The best brush to detangle is called WetBrush. I also stopped using all types of heat on my hair, including the water.

1|0
    0|0
    • It won't be fixed immediately but you'll be seeing the difference!

• Thank you,
      I'll look into buying said WetBrush, I do tend to brush my hair with a wide tooth comb when wet. I also use my brush too

• After you shower and your hair is dry... Use a really tiny amount of Moroccan argan oil and run it through mostly the bottom part of your hair and then put some at the top. A really SMALL amount. It makes your hair smell amazing and really shiny.

1|0
    0|0
    • I did try that a while back it made my hair quite greasy. But I used the recommended amount through out all my hair. I might give it another go with your advice

• Yep you have to literally use the tiniest amount ever. Also don't apply any to the top, just bottom. After the bottom run any of the leftover oil on the top of ur hair.

• What helps me and you might not like the idea lol is I grab a little bit of lotion like lubrederm rub it thin layer on my hands and put it in my hair lol

I used to use this stuff which is for "women of color" lol but I'm not black or anything but love it! It's getting harder to find so I had to resort to lotion

1|0
    0|0
  • Coconut oil is good as and so is the frizz ease range! Also once a week I do an avocado and egg hair mask and it kinda reduces my frizz. Hope this helps.

1|0
    0|0
  • Frequent blow drying and curling can cause a lot of hair damage, so I'd stay away from that for a while. Also I'd start using hair oil (not on the scalp though) It can moisturise and strengthen your hair. Also I think you're supposed to use shampoo on your scalp, but avoid the roots, because it dries it out. There are also certain foods that I heard can help strengthen hair, so maybe try those?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'll use your advice.
      I do like curling my hair, due to it look flat and boring if I don't.
      Is there anyway I can get great curls like that without the damage?

• Well you can get more volume by flipping your hair over and coming it from behind (but not while it's wet, because that can cause breakage) I don't think there are ways to curl it though. I heard some people braid it for the night but that might cause damage too... You'll just have to bear it for now, until your hair gets stronger. You can still try cool new hairstyles to spice up your look though. Good luck :)

• Thank you :)

• Leave in conditioner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Coconut oil

1|0
    0|0
  • Aussie conditioner

1|0
    0|0
  • Argan oil.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lay off the blow dryer or if you use it do it on cool setting. Air drying is the best option. Seems like your hair is damaged from heat. Id suggest you start using rollers for your hair instead of a curling iron/wand.

Do deep conditioning treatments to repair damaged tresses

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes