Hair dye mishap?

So I dyed my hair a medium/dark brown burgundy colour to get my hair all the same colour as there were many different tones in there, once I had done it, it turned out fine just what I expected, all my hair was finally one colour. Now it's been about a week and a half and just the bottom third parts of my hair have now gone completely lighter, I just don't get it. My hair now looks like I have monster roots showing. So basically the top third of my hair stayed the colour I dyed it and the bottom has completely changed colour. Why has that happened? It was a permanent dye I used.
As you can see in the picture it's all of a sudden turned a gingery brown colour Hair dye mishap?

224

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's noticeable unless you point it out. Plus, it's natural for your hair to get slightly lighter as it grows out further from your scalp. I've never dyed my hair, and my tips are lighter than my shafts and roots.

• I don't think it's exactly about getting lighter, might just be age. Like the older you get the darker your hair gets usually, so that's probably why. Or the bleaching from the sun if any.

Most Helpful Girl

• This used to happen to me too because my ends were lighter and a bit more damaged. What I do especially with newly dyed hair is get a sulphur free shampoo and conditioner and condition my ends only. That way colour doesn't strip too quickly. I would actually put a deep red over your hair again just focusing on the ends if you want to dye your hair again.

Make sure to fully saturate the ends and even rub it in a little then at the end put the dye all over your roots and let it sit.

Your hair doesn't look bad though!

Let us know how you go!