How do I stop picking my lips? How do I get them not be so chapped?

My lips are dryer than the Sahara dessert I swear and I can't help picking them. It's worse when I'm about to lose my temper (I'm have a bad one) or I'm in a stressful situation. No matter what I do I can't get my lips moisturized and I drink water like crazy so I know I'm not dehydrated. How do I get my lips to not be so darn chapped and how do I stop picking at them?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If you pick as a response to stress, than you need to spend some time figuring out what leads you to stress and then develop ways to cope that don't involve picking. For example, if you realize you're stressed, jot down after the event what caused it or why and then come up with other ways to handle like telling yourself to take deep breaths, or humming your favorite song or avoiding the stressor all together.

You're drinking plenty of water, so that's not an issue as you say, but I would suggest as someone else has already, Carmex. Great lip moisturizer.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 3

• I'm the same way. Stress has a very damaging effect on the body. I carry a small jar of Vasoline with me (I like the one with cocoa butter) and constantly apply it. You may also need to apply something medicated like Blistex to help your lips heal, especially at night. I've also found it helpful to exfoliate my lips (a few times a week). You can mix up some coconut oil and sugar to create a scrub; it helps remove the dead skin and follow up with medicated lip ointment. Best of luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the same problem. Chronic chapped lips. I use vaseline. The only option for me is to just stop myself from picking or biting them. Mind over matter! lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the exact same way. It's a sign of anxiety

0|0
    0|0
    • How do you stop? Or are you still trying to find that answer too?

• Just distract yourself and do a lip scrub made with sugar and honey

Recommended myTakes