What colour of a dress would flatter my skin-tone the best?

935

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not just dress color but for cameras it is also the amount of light around you which changes the contrast (plus how skilled the photographer is). For sucky photographer/cheap cameras darker colors will work better than lighter ones on you. For a good photographer, anything works.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how you want your skin color to look. Whiter or Darker.
    White will make you look more tan and glowy, black will tone down your skin although it might make you look darker, depending on what cut is the dress.
    I'd say go for a velvety red which will match your skin tone perfectly. Or navy blue. I mean everything goes well with Indian skin, your traditional dresses have the most amazing colors, why won't you try that?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I get claustrophobic with too much clothing :-/ I can't handle it. I prefer to wear simple cotton dresses.

That's interesting... how does the dark colours make you look darker? I thought it would be opposite, due to the contrast.

• Exactly but if you wear a dress up to you neck.. it will make you look darker. It casts a halo around you skin I guess.

• That's interesting