What does the word "overdressed" mean to you?

• What does the word Dressing too formally for the occasion?
  • What does the word Dressing too warmly for the weather?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• You will neverrr get me to dress formal. I could be recieving a music award, the most formal i'll get is a tie under my leather jacket along with jeans.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Overdressing for me is when you have too formal attire for the occasion (ie. a ball gown in school), whereas dressing too warmly is just dressing stupid for me.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • i see, but is there a word for overdressing when you mean dressing too warmly for the weather?

• That's what I just said. If I put too warm clothes on I often state to other people that it was stupid of me to do so. And I do that quite often.

• lol ok got it... I'm like that too... do you remember your most overdressed for the weather situation? I once wore thermal leggings under my jeans and a thermal top under my sweater since it was cold in the morning, but as the temp rose and rose and rose I kept getting warmer and more embarrassed lol...