What does the word "overdressed" mean to you?

• What does the word Dressing too formally for the occasion?
    Vote A
  • What does the word Dressing too warmly for the weather?
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You will neverrr get me to dress formal. I could be recieving a music award, the most formal i'll get is a tie under my leather jacket along with jeans.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Overdressing for me is when you have too formal attire for the occasion (ie. a ball gown in school), whereas dressing too warmly is just dressing stupid for me.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • i see, but is there a word for overdressing when you mean dressing too warmly for the weather?

• Show All
    • That's what I just said. If I put too warm clothes on I often state to other people that it was stupid of me to do so. And I do that quite often.

• lol ok got it... I'm like that too... do you remember your most overdressed for the weather situation? I once wore thermal leggings under my jeans and a thermal top under my sweater since it was cold in the morning, but as the temp rose and rose and rose I kept getting warmer and more embarrassed lol...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• when you're trying to hard to show people ur intentions

0|0
    0|0
  • Vote A.

0|0
    0|0
  • too formal

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• If I'm going to my step sons sporting even I wouldn't wear party clothes for a night out. If I'm going zip lining. I wouldn't wear an expensive outfit with heels. Overdressed to me is inappropriate for the activity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too formal

0|0
    0|0
  • Too formal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use it for the 2nd. But then again I am not a native English speaker

0|0
    0|0
    • that's actually how I use it, but most people here seem to agree that it's the first one...

Recommended myTakes