Girls, Different cup sizes on bras but same band size?

I was bringing in my girlfriends bras that she left out to dry before leaving on a trip. Not a big deal but I noticed that the bras had different cup sizes. The band sizes were the same though. There were 32C, 32D, and 32DD. Now at first I thought it was because some makers might have different sizings but they were all from Victoria Secret. From a previous girlfriend I learn that bras can have equivalent bra sizes like a 34C would be the same as 32D. But in this case all the band sizes are the same. How does this work if the bands are the same?

Does this mean the only way to tell if a bra will fit properly is to try it on even though you know your measurements and the size you need?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure about the bands and the cups and whether they're the same or not but one reason she may have so many different sizes is that most companies buy in stock from others which may have different sizing even though you buy both from Victoria's Secret. Also, different styles of bra may have different shapes that mean it's more comfortable to wear a different size.