How do I convince my parents to let me wear makeup?

im allowed to wear makeup to family parties only but i can't wear it to school or when i go out w my friends. i dont have any pimples or anything but i want to conceal my dark circles and wear eyeliner but my parents get mad :(( im 15 by the way

52

Most Helpful Guy

• Your going to have to sneek out and wear it. If you do that remember to wash it off before going back in the house.

• 7d

Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Parents who do that really suck and are holding their kids back in my opinion. My parents were very supportive, and I did unlike you unfortunately have pimples and acne and I had self confidence issues because of it. My mom helped me get foundation, and taught me some things about makeup. And through school that practice made me much better at it, and I feel like I am a pro now. And I feel confident and pretty. I understand if they don't want to buy it but if you save up and buy it on your own, i think it's awful for them to not let you wear it. It's like sexualizing makeup, which isn't something that should be sexualized at all. You are gonna grow up one day, you won't be their baby girl forever.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly I know it sucks to have rules and in high school it seems like all the girls are wearing makeup but once it's ones trust me you won't care what you looked like or how much makeup you wore at 15. If it really bothers you that much, take a few products to school and do your makeup before class maybe

• Just say you want it for confidence or to bring out your natural beauty.

• You don't take your make up to school and put it on there

• love yourself with your flows