Do people in general continue to get more and more attractive as the years go by?

I'm straight so I can only tell that women continue to get more and more attractive as years go by it I also think that fashion and nutrition has something to do with it.
Do people in general continue to get more and more attractive as the years go by?Do people in general continue to get more and more attractive as the years go by?
  • Yes only women continue to get more attractive
  • Yes only men continue to get more attractive
  • Both men and women continue to get more attractive
    Vote C
  • Neither men or women continue to get more attractive
    Vote D

2112

Most Helpful Girl

• No people in general are not getting more attractive. What skews this view is that the standard of beauty for people on television has increased, causing producers to hunt down more attractive people as well as prevent unattractive people from being filled. Standards of beauty were lower in the 50s because people put more emphasis on personality and acting than purely the look. Not only do people like attractive people more, but the increase in quality of television has made unattractive people look less appealing because it exposes their flaws. Instagram promotes fake beauty with makeup and lighting. But if you take that average man or woman without makeup on, they'd look about the same as 50 years ago

• How about when it comes to body shape? Most people back then didn't look ripped, nowadays a lot of people (mostly men) look ripped.

• @bastro
      Agreed. Manufacturing and physical labor (blue collar jobs) used to be very common, so men didn't need to work out to be fit because their everyday work made them fit. People also used to eat better (less obesity) because there weren't as many processed and fast food joints available coupled with people used to have better family units with the wife home-cooking good food. Obesity is partially due to laziness, but our culture became lazy with technology and desk jobs because we don't have to work as hard

Social media has made bodybuilding for men and makeup for women popular because it feeds their egos. People in the past didn't have as much tolerance for concededness, and being beautiful wasn't the most important thing in life because they had families to take care of. People have no purpose in life anymore, so they make idols out of themselves and worship each other

• They also didn't have social media in the 50s so you had to actually have photos developed and there wasn't a way to shove your life in everyone's faces so easily

And the ideal body shape has changed over the years. Ancient Greeks preferred pear shapes and we now prefer hourglasses in America. Egypt likes fat women and so did the Renaissance era because obesity shows wealth

Fashion can also distort you original question. We don't think people from the 80s are as attractive now because straight hair is much more fashionable now whereas perms were all the rage back then. Taking cultural and societal preferences into account is also important

Most Helpful Guy

• That 1950s picture is a black and white still from the 1984 movie "Revenge of the Nerds" which took place in 1984.

By the way, the actor on the left is Anthony Edwards who I am watching right at this moment as Dr. Mark Greene in "ER".