Would you be less attracted to someone if they got plastic surgery?

If you liked a girl or guy and they told you they were getting a nose job, what would you think? Would you find the person less attractive? How would you feel?

• I wouldn't care
    Vote A
  • I would stop talking to them
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Truth is, it depends on the person. Some people are just mocked endlessly about a feature, even into adulthood and it sucks because people say things when you're young like you'll grow into it, or people will get over it, or ignore it, but when that doesn't happen and people still continue to bully you or make fun of you, it can greatly affect your life and self-esteem. I couldn't fault someone for going the surgery route if that is what they felt they needed.

Then there are those with more of a body dysmorphic disorder, where they see things that aren't there. They see a giant nose that isn't actually a giant nose, or they are the type where the one person said something one time, and it's bothered them their whole life. I wouldn't say I would be less attracted to that person physically, but maybe less inclined to become involved actually in either case, if the plastic surgery became an obsession and took over everything and they never seemed to be happy with themselves before or after surgery.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 64

• If I'm looking for a wife it makes her less attractive because she would think our kids are ugly and need surgery at age 10 if they look anything like she did pre surgery.

And don't modify breasts or butt. 9 times out of 10 it looks better before than after in my opinion. Obviously if you are a breast cancer survivor that's a special case and always ok by me.

Go ahead and neg me, you plastic addicts

3|1
    1|0
    • Hahaha legend

• Show All
    • @hahahmm you're new to this whole insulting thing aren't you? Anyway, I'll let you get back to scratching your balls

• Child, I was defeating trolls on USENET literally before you were born. You're done now. And I'm hitting the option that removes your ability to reply. For everyone's sake.

• I would consider a nose job okay. My cousin got a nose job and really improved her looks. However things like breast implants butt implants chin implants any of that shit and I would have disrespect for the person and not bother wanting to be with them. That doesn't mean I would stop talking to them but I would not get her in a relationship with them.

2|2
    0|0
    • Really? You're going to stop talking to a girl simply because she has breast implants?

• Show All
    • @misstalia_95 I have no medically-related cosmetic surgery. For instance, my cousin who got a nose job has a sister who got a boob job coz hers were asymmetric. So, that's fine to me... that's trying to look normal. However, if you are getting implants for the sake of getting implants or botox or whatever, then, no, I don't you because 1) you are too insecure and men don't like women who are insecure and 2) you have no sense of the long-term; you they look like Frankenstein in another couple of decades but what you are really showing me is that you are a slave to other people's opinions and such a person is one who both creates and propagates drama and men HATE drama.

• I have no problem with medically-related cosmetic surgery...

• Yes. I thinks it's more attractive when someone are naturally physical attractive and sometimes I sees cosmetic surgery as cheating or false advertisement. I thinks plastic surgery are only okay if the person has been in an accident or has a medical condition.

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't care in the slightest.

If there's something about their appearance that's making them unhappy, and it's within their power to change that, how are they hurting other people by doing something about it?

The person who'd stop talking to them is the one with issues, not the person doing something about an issue. I'd stand by the latter, and support them.

2|1
    0|1
  • If it improves their look then why not? Sometimes these things are worthwhile. Most of the time they are not.

Too many follow what they're dishing out from hollyweird, and a preoccupation with celebrities. News Flash! IT'S ALL FAKE!

3|2
    0|0
  • If they had it before, I'd be fine, and if they had it to fix something noticeably ugly, I'd be fine, but if they have it and it seems to be a vain luxury, I'd become less attracted to their personality, NOT their looks.

And obviously if it's botched, that's not pretty.

3|0
    0|0
  • I prefer natural beauty in every case. If it would be because of some injury or burn, then that's another thing. I would assure my love that she's perfect for me exactly the way she is don't feel need to get under knife. But ultimately leave the decision for her and respect it. But I'd advise against it.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm closer to a but I would be kind of dissapointed if my girl blew all that money just to make herself look better. I wish for a girl who would be comfortable with herself and not insecure. Not a girl who looks like a supermodel or celebrity we see on TV.

1|0
    0|0
  • Assuming that the procedure isn't to repair damage from an accident etc., on an emotional level, yes I would feel much less attracted to them. What matters to me is her motive behind it and therefore her personality, am I drawn to a girl who chooses to turn to such a drastic change in order to change herself? The root of it is WHY does she want to change herself, and that is what turns me off.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I met them after they had plastic surgery I wouldn't care as much as if they had plastic surgery during our relationship. It would feel kinda weird seeing a different person from what they used to be.

2|0
    0|0
  • It certainly says something about their personality, like they have insecurities and if they can't live with them, what would they do if they can't live with you? Work it out? Grow to like imperfections? Replace entirely?

2|0
    0|0
  • The options for voting were very limited, so i didn't vote. But i don't like plastic surgery, unless it is for medical reasons.
    Real people, warts and all, is what interests me.

2|1
    0|0
  • Unless fixing a legitimate deformity or something caused by a serious accident, I find it strange and unnatural. It would just creep me out. If I really liked the person I'd probly get over it, but it would take effort.

1|0
    0|0
  • bah... depends if it's for a real reason - meaning moderate alterations due to significant distress from something on her face that bothers her... but anything outside of that --> nope... It's not the face, it's the state of mind that is not attractive

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how good or ridiculous it is. But most of the time it's unnecessary for me so I probably wouldn't date someone but if she had say A cups but wanted a good C cup then I wouldn't mind if she did it because it's a genuine reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on the reason. If the reason is base in someway on vanity, then I would not date her. This could indicate that the person is Narcissistic/BPD.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care, and if it makes them look better then I'm happy for them. We can't all win the genetic lottery so plastic surgery is just one way to make people more equal.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it really depends. If it's minor little things, I probably wouldn't care and might even give praise if it turned out really well. But after a lot where they end up looking plastic, I probably would be turned off by it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like these answers are relevant to the question. I don't personally find plastic surgery attractive in any sense, but that don't mean I'd stop talking to someone over it.

1|1
    0|0
  • it would bother me but i wouldn't stop talking to them or change how i treat them

1|0
    0|0
    • would you still be attracted to the person?

• Show All
    • haha no, I'm not talking about implants, I'm talking more face wise such as a nose job OR lip injections

• nose job, mby still atracted but less, lip job probs noping the f outta there

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 45

• I would think they must've had a lot of mental difficulties with that body part they changed... and wonder what they feel now and why they felt that way in the past...
    If it was something related to a mental/emotional or physical trauma I'd understand, but if it's something like huge boobs or ass or calves or pecks (men get these)... I'll never get that...

2|0
    0|0
  • it depends, did they get one or just a few procedures and are done with it? or do they have a problem with plastic surgery addiction? are they never gonna be satisfied with their looks now because they always think about the things surgery could "fix"? are they gonna start thinking that I need certain procedures now? plastic surgery is a slippery slope and for a deeply insecure person it can become an addiction. otherwise I think I'd be okay with it.

2|0
    1|0
  • Their decision. I wouldn't mind at all either. If it helps boost their confidence and they think that the outcome of undergoing knives was good for them, then I don't see what the problem is. Has nothing to do with me either, really. But honestly, I'm not a fan of plastic surgery, speaking from myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be wondering what he looked like before someone took a scalpel to his face. If he was injured or born with a deformity and the surgery was reconstructive, I wouldn't give it any extra thought. But there's something about decent looking people cutting and injecting stuff into their body, that makes me view them as a custom doll. Dolls creep me out. I used to be terrified of my blinking dolls as a kid lol.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would rather not know...

I personally find it unattractive when people dislike themselves and more so if they do surgery for superficial complexes... unless they "needed" the surgery for health reasons and such, then that's different... but pure self complexes are soooo unattractive to me and yes I do look down on people who alter themselves and seem uglier to me even if they do look better, because they don't like how they look naturally.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't support beauty plastic surgery of course if its not something that must to be done however I think that everyone is beautiful as who their are without any perfections added.
    I wouldn't care. Its not like I'll shut them up from my life but it wouldn't be more than a good friendship

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care. As long as they don't end up looking crazy and the new look is very natural and realistic looking, I'm not going to be more or less attracted. What they want to do with their own body is none of my concern so I don't see why I should care.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care. I'm fine with plastic surgery as long as it doesn't make the one who has it, look like a doll or something.

I've felt like getting my nose done, and been thinking about getting (not too extensive) breast implants. My latest ex told me that he would break up with me if I ever did that, which is stupid. I think it's okay if one wants to do that as long as it doesn't look bad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. If a guy broke his nose significantly in an accident and decided to get rhinoplasty, I wouldn't mind. It's okay to slightly fix a feature you're bothered with if it's gonna make you satisfied. Unless it's for a good reason, it's best not to get plastic surgery because it can ruin your facial symmetry completely. Sometimes, even what you think is your biggest flaw fits you and makes you attractive.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't stop talking to them, but this is a huge turn off for me because when we have children (which I very much want), they won't look anything like my spouse.

2|0
    0|0
  • The two answers are too extremely for me, I'd be somewhere in between. I would care and would find them less attractive, but that does not necessarily mean I'd stop liking or talking to them.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would honestly just give my perspective on it.. like I mean your fine just the way your are to be honest despite what you may feel or what others may say but then again its still your decision to make..

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care. if he did plastic surgery it's for looking better and if he look better I would like it.
    I don't care about it as long as he doesn't look fake and he doesn't do any plastic surgery after I meet him.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I was already attracted to them I wouldn't suddenly stop being attracted to them. What's done is done.

1|0
    0|0
  • no they make you look ugly and fake please don't be a "fake bitch" pls ;-; plastics won't change anything

1|0
    0|0
  • I would have to know what they looked like prior to the surgery.
    But if they were forced to do it, cause of an injury to their face, I would still like them and date them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Let me just say, I hope you're not using this poll to decide whether you should get plastic surgery or not. Looking at the comments (especially the guys) there are SO many people who are CLUELESS about it. Best advice I can give you is, talk to people like me who have actually had plastic surgery and know what it's like or talk to a BOARD CERTIFIED plastic surgeon and talk about your concerns, what you hope to get out of it and what your options are. And if you're concerned about looking "plastic" I can assure you, so long as you go to a good doctor, you won't. Literally no one could tell I had any work done and that's because my doctor was just that good.

Hope this helps!

2|0
    0|0
  • Oh man I look at instagram and can't believe my eyes when I see girls with obvious surgeries. Although becoming prettier was their main goal, They look way worse than way prettier

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither. Id care enough to think it's silly but it's not such a huge deal I wouldn't talk to them

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what it is tbh. And how it looked before the surgery. Body dismorphia is real and some people get surgery even when they don't need it

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes