What do you think of makeup on kids? How old does a person have to be to put on a full face of makeup?

My niece is 3 and we love putting makeup on her. Especially on occasions when we doll her up and match her eyeshadow and lipstick with the bright colors in her outfit. It's so cute!

I believe full face makeup should be put on after the growth spurt of puberty ends. Doesn't have to be an adult and one can be still growing, but not the growth spurt time or before please. I personally feel like, growth spurt is the time that separates you from being appropriate for kid's makeup to being appropriate for adult makeup. I didn't know what to do with my face during my time, but I loved black eyeliner always because it enhances my big eyes.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont like make up on women let alone kids i think women should be happy and get dolled up when its important I dislike women getting dolled up lile we are going to a dam club to go to the movies unless it's dinner and a movie then yeah pimp your self out but to hang out around the house go to the beach or swiming pool just dumb

1|0
    0|0
    • My profile picture was taken on a special day, hope that explains why I'm so caked on lol. :v

• well thats just my opinion on make up and I'm a no body too you so do what makes you happy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's right to put on makeup on toddlers. Their skin is too delicate to do so. Even grown woman's skin is affected by it. We have tradition of putting kohl.. but in older times, it used to be prepared at home itself (by holding ghee-covered silver spoon on flame and then collecting the soot) so it was much safer. Nowadays, commercially prepared Kohl has many chemicals so personally I don't recommend it either.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, some makeup is okay after a girl reaches puberty but not before.

1|0
    0|0
    • You must have passed the time when the only thing women knew as makeup was eyeshadow and red lipstick, and not layers that add 8 pounds to every woman's weight. :(

• I wouldn't say makeup is appropriate for a 3 year old, maybe a teenager but not a kid. Personally, makeup makes the skin less healthy. I don't know the minimum age, but if say around 15 is when girls can put full face of makeup.

1|0
    0|0
    • Obviously we don't put full face makeup on kids. It's just bright eyeshadows and lipstick. :/ Traditionally mothers of infants even put on a dot of kohl on the baby's forehead since birth because they believe it protects the baby from evil eyes. It's also makeup that is put on a baby from birth.

• She perhaps likes to put makeup on because of an older sister or a relative with her?

It isn't ideal for a young child to put makeup on too much or at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • It feels awkward I've seen it a lot and whether the child did it herself or not looking at it gives me a scary gasped

1|0
    0|0
  • well on occasions thats ok but nrmally not she should be more thn 6 years so that her skin can be Healthy

1|0
    0|0
  • I think yes, if we can make them understand the purpose of makeup

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont know if its common in your country to use full face paint from age 3 but i dont find it cute. I find it weird. Very weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 is to young for make maybe when she's 16 or old you want her skin yo be more natural

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if it ain't a joke its digusting. i think makeup in itself is stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm... you're all about 'grow spurts'. LOL

1|0
    0|0
    • Kinda true. I just feel like that is a legit time that separates one from being a kid to an grown-up, at least for me it was true. :(

• Show All
    • Well, that's what the FI keeps telling you but don't listen - it's so much bullshit. And that's all you see on the crap that hollyweird dishes out. Don't believe it.
      Ask my wife - she'll tell you I'm no toddler.

• Come to our country and see!

• kids? no. Age? 13.

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 16

• At 3 years old, I feel like kids shouldn't be exposed to cosmetics. Kids shouldn't wear makeup. I started wearing makeup at 13 and I feel like that is an appropriate age.

1|0
    0|0
    • Mothers put a black dot on the infant's forehead from birth every time they take their baby outside, it's a tradition here that is believed to keep the baby away from evil eyes. Does that count as makeup too?

• No, I feel like that is a cultural thing, and it's fine.

• I think it's fine for kids to play with it or wear it for special events. But actually wearing it regularly I'd make them wait until at least 13 to start playing with some of it as I wouldn't want my daughter to be mistaken for older and subsequently receive inappropriate attention. While you can go all feminist and say things shouldn't be that way there's no denying the possibility that it could happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • i feel like you have to be at least 16 years old to be putting full face make up on. make up on kids is horrible especially with so many pedophiles out their. if kids where to put on play makeup then that is fine there just playing dress up i guess.

1|0
    0|0
    • Pedophile? That's what you really think? Of course by makeup on kids I mean dress-up! :(

• I think kids should be allowed to wear makeup @ I young age. I did & it didn't make me obsessed, I often go w/out it in fact

1|0
    0|0
  • It's okay when she is home and things like that and photography but not going outside really. I think everybody should embrace all of the makeup trends.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was a kid my parents would let me wear the makeup that is manufactured specially for children (like from Walmart) and when I turned 13 I was aloud to wear real makeup and I think that's the way it should go... but we definitely would put makeup on my little sisters just playing around and they would walk around the house and pretend to be like us 😂😂 it was really cute but they didn't wear it regularly or out in public

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should wait until just before she goes into high school. That way you can help her get used to how to put it on before she moves out. I definitely agree that 3 is way too young.

1|0
    0|0
  • 16 is a good age. I wouldn't want my 13 year old kid to end up looking 21. What do you mean growth spurt time? I never had a growth spurt..

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol I don't like to see little girls trying to look like adults too! I still keep teenager vibes in my makeup. :3

• Show All
    • Exactly. I feel like 10 or 11 is way too young for a kid to wear a full face of makeup.

• I said after it ends. So if it starts at 10 then I wouldn't mind makeup at 13 if it stops that time.

• Personally I think it's really wrong to do it on toddlers and younger kids. I think around 16 is reasonable when taking into consideration cultural influence too. Personally I started with mascara and colored lip balm when I was 15, I did a full face first time when I was around 17. Now I try to keep it minimal more often than not.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 is way too young. I would honestly say 18 because I want my daughter having good skin and to be natural. Take care of herself so she doesn't need to put make up on or fake nails or whatever.

0|0
    0|0
    • She doesn't wear fake nails lol it's just eyeshadow and lipstick

• I know you didn't mention that, I was just saying lol. Just thinking of all the young girls I have seen with fake nails lol.

• Wow. All I did on my nails as a kid was nail polish.

• i'm 14 and my parents don't care if i wear makeup. and no i do not wear "natural" makeup i wear instargram brows, just dramatic. but i think at 13 is ok

1|0
    0|0
  • No 3 is way to young I started to put on mascara when I was 10 because almost every girl in my class wore it. My parents didn't like it tho so I stole the mascara from my sister

0|0
    0|0
  • I am 17 and i didn't put makeup yet hah
    I think take care of the skin first and just not too much make up, for me from 16-17. 3 years old? absolutely no she has a good skin!

0|0
    0|0
  • Occasionally it's alright.. Full face I'd say 13 but only like a few times a year. At 16 she's free.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see anything wrong with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Make up is good

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes