Do you have any tattoos? Any meaning behind them?

Any regrets? If yes what would you have done different? I have two. I wish I would have given them more thought.

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• One on my forearm of my buddy that bleeded to death when we got into a fire fight in Iraq 2003. I was fuuucked up when I got it I remember fighting someone afterwards. So my forearm was bloody and so was my face! LoL!!!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• I have two tattoos and I have no regrets about either of them. The first one I got, I did so after my first wife left me for another guy. Now admittedly I have never been really big into tattoos, (not suggesting I'm covered in them now), at any rate I thought about this one a great deal before getting it, so I went out and got one. I designed it myself and it is a parchment shield with the Asian characters on it for strength, love and wisdom. I don't speak any Asian languages, but I chose Asian because each character says a lot with only one image if you will. The parchment shield represents protection and longevity for something that will last, as for the characters themselves, they represent strength, in the sense of internal strength and strength of character, love because I feel love is an important thing to have in your life, and I also knew that despite all the things my ex-wife did to me I had to hang on to love (specifically the love I have for my son) because if I allowed hate to consume me, I would never have any sort of love again or a relationship with my son. Lastly wisdom, basically by being able to identify the other two elements, I felt it was important to remember to be wise in who I share my heart with in the future. My second tattoo is another parchment scroll on my left forearm (my first is on my left shoulder blade) and it has the Asian characters for honor, as in personal honor (as opposed to honor of the bushido, warrior code) because I didn't want this to be misconstrued as me being some sort of fighter, at any rate bordering the scroll I have in script Honor, dignity, Sanctity and Integrity because that is what the characters represent. I believe honor is an important part of my own personal code. When I say I will do something I will do my very best to honor that and stay true to both you as well as myself. This is what my tattoos mean. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow! I love how much thought you put into your tattoos. Yes, love is very important to have and fight for. I'm sorry your wife left you. Sounds like you stayed strong. You must be a great dad. Thank you so much for sharing.

• You are most welcome :)

• got both arms, legs, and chest done. started getting tattooed at 18. My girlfriend in high school was a stuck up, super controlling bitch, but she was super gorgeous, so I learned to deal with it. I agreed to compromise on my left sleeve to make her happy. it's decent work, I still like the art, I just would have done the layout differently had I been uninhibited. thats about all I regret. I've Thought about lasering it off, but it's full color and way to expensive in America. if I were to do that I'd go to Australia to have it done. had both my arms done for over 10 years too. I've noticed flaws and imperfections over the years even with my right arm, thing's I could have done differently, little design flaws, and I had full control over that one. completely satisfied with my legs, I like them a lot actually. although I did get a mountain dew can tattooed on my left leg lol it's done very very well, but I'd probably not do that again if I had the option lol. simply because people annoy the fuck outta me when I wear shorts. pretty sure Pepsi would have paid me for the advertising also, had I contacted them before I got it done? My chest is one of my favorites. most of mine don't have any deep philosophical meaning. I got a shark for shark week like 5 years ago, because sharks are badass lol. I like impulsive kinda tattoos like that. but mainly I just like the art, and enjoy seeing them on me. I plan to do my entire body. hands, neck, head, even a couple on my face.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no tattoos and believe I made the best decision considering where I would like to be in life in the future and how socially unacceptable it is in the field I would like to work in when it comes down to business and meetings.

Some of my friends regret it, it was more of a split second decision they made to show others they had just come of legal age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a moon under my ear. It's for a singer I like. Plus I just thought it looked cool.
    And I have a small J on my thumb. It's my sisters initial who passed away when I was 14.
    Also J is my boyfriends initial so it's for him too.

I don't have any regrets about either of them

1|0
    0|0
  • none
    and not planning to get one till I find one that just has some serious meaning

1|0
    0|0
    • I just picked mine out of the book at the tattoo shop. I hate them now!

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• No, I don't have any tattoos and would never have one :-) ALL tattoos look so horrible in my eyes. Sorry for saying my honest words, girl :(
    I love clear skin without any ink or blemishes. But I have 3 invisible figurative ones that are tattooed in my heart, mind and soul and they represent my 3 beloved family members.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have 1 tattoo on my left side under my arm on my ribcage. It covers up a scar. It's a beautiful Saturn tattoo with teal/purple watercolors. I even drew it myself. When I was 6 years old I saw Saturn for the first time through a telescope, and I fell absolutely in love with it. That's when I wanted to be an astrophysicist. Still following that dream. All thanks to Saturn. ❤️❤️

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not but I want a watercolor flower and a special poem on my back

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a Scorpion, a Mustang, and want to get a snake tattoo. I chose them because I like animals and nature. I also have a Live like a Cowgirl tattoo, because I'm a cowgirl.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have 3. Two have meanings and one doesn't. i don't regret a single one.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes