Why are people so against plastic surgery?

it really baffles me. who cares if someone wants to spend their money on it? some people literally jump at any and every opportunity they can to bash someone with surgery. i sometimes think it's jealousy that the person ( may) not be able to afford it. almost all models have had some form of plastic surgery and they are considered the most beautiful people in the world. a little tweak here and there isn't bad!

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• didn't know that women who get breast implants are more likely to commit suicide as well?

I'll tell you why I can't stand people who get plastic surgery.
    it's because these people are so incapable of being happy with their own body that they have to pay a doctor to cut them up.

confidence doesn't come from picking a nose out of a catelog or having fucking stupidly fat lips because of some idiot fad.

it comes from accepting who you are

2|0
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • why can't you stand the people? why can't you accept that it's their choice and move on? nobody is forcing you to do it! and ultimately if they really are unhappy, then it's them who are unhappy and not you.

• Show All
    • okay what about if it's a girl do boys dig it too? lol

• I've always admired a girl who can take a punch and own it :)

Most Helpful Girl

• When people hear "plastic surgery" the first thing that jumps into their mind is extreme or botched plastic surgery. The best work is the natural type that nobody notices, but if they don't notice it then the only representation of plastic surgery they have is tits that are hard as a rock and lips as big as my ass. Believe me, put a hot girl in front of them that has had very natural looking plastic surgery and they won't be talking the same crap about it that's about to come in the opinion section. Most likely they wouldn't even know in a million years that she's gotten work done.

3|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • this is a great response

• Show All
    • my butt lift is the 31st of this month

• "The best work is the natural type that nobody notices"

^^ +1 x 10,000,000,000,000

You wrote it. So I don't have to.

Depending on exactly what demographic you surround yrself with... yr very concept of "normal" may even have been subverted by tastefully subtle cosmetic enhancements.

It's a beautiful thing.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• One surgery isn't bad really bit if you're a walking surgery (those models you're talking about) it shows what an insecure miserable person you are

2|0
    0|0
    • insecure i can see but miserable?

• Yes. they were really unhappy with their body part. no? so unhappy it led them to spend tons of money on fixing their little imperfection. It shows that they are weak and unable to live with their imperfections. In other words living with themselves. They are not misrable as a result of their surgery they are misrable without it.

• Preach, I don't get the hate. It's bad when they get forced into it, but if it's their decision... why should a random person have
    the right to hate on it?

1|1
    0|0
  • I dislike it because it shows that someone doesn't like how they look to the point they pay to put all of these bad things in them with possibilities of terrible things happening. Yes we all dont like things about ourselves but you should learn to love yourself for who you are and not go chasing trends and spend money to look like someone else. you pay to look unlike yourself

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not so much I hate it but.. it spins a web of insecurity and the individuals who get it almost always are never quite happy and end up getting more procedures. Many people who get these procedures don't actually really have any physical problems, they just have fed into their insecurity. Obviously no one really cares what you spend your money on, but it's just my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I won't bash anyone. But I won't be togheter with someone who have had plastic surgery or gonna have.

1|0
    0|0
    • why is that?

• I don't like many things... Including the procedure of puting in stuff that makes you ugly. *Cough* *cough* breast implants *cough* *cough* injections on/in your face dunno if its "plastic surgery" but well I'll include...

• I support what you say. Even on your nose--question , I supported you against every other person saying otherwise. I know you want a brazilian butt lift. Go for it and even your nose needs some surgery. If required in your opinion , please go ahead and do it , if it feels right.

0|0
    0|0
    • thank you! some people are so against it and i just don't understand. who doesn't want to look better right? i just paid for my butt lift so it's in 10 days! i'm very excited but nervous. i'm focusing on buccal fat removal and then i will move to nose. my dad wants me to get a breast reduction as well which he will pay for, so i think that's coming up too.

• I want you to get to your desired shape something like the model you posted earlier. I fully support you. When you have achieved your purpose show us some of your before and after photos for comparison. People should know how much difference it can make in ones looks. Corrective surgery is not a bad thing if it serves its purpose. Go ahead and do it.

• I dont get it either. I guess they feel it promotes changinf yourself if yourr insecure. But if someone is happy changing their nose or whatever then who cares.

1|0
    0|0
  • See I personally don't see why a beautiful woman would want to mutilate her own beautiful looks in order to look like everyone else's preferred form of perfection. But my friend got kicked through a fence and they did plastic surgery to restore her face to Its original look. Another friend was flatter than even the guys so she got B-cups so as to be comfortable. So there is a point where I see its purpose.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think deep down it's a very moralistic reasoning that you're not allowed to mess with what you've been given and that if you deserved to look better you would have been born better looking. It's a remnant from religious times.

0|0
    0|0
    • that makes sense. i'm not religious though so i don't follow that lol

• Maybe side effects
    Another reason is many guys like so called "natural girls without makeup" so how can they tolerate a surgery
    Quite hilarious though😂

2|0
    0|0
  • A little tweak perhaps. But fake tits and many other things end up looking like shit after a few years. I just don't see the point, unless you were in a serious accident where you've become disfigured or something

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, it's not a horrible thing; I don't really care if some has it done. It's just the people that go overboard with it that I get a little critical about. lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not against it but I'm also not in it's favor. Plastic surgery can be for both good and bad reasons so...

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone wants it they're welcome to get it. I personally am not overly find out there perfect, surgically granted, look, but to each their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can get it if they like, they won't look right after a few surgeries in my opinion. But to each their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't even like yourself the way you are, why do you expect me to?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how many men but some men like an all natural woman...

0|1
    0|0
  • It comes off as fake to people though i don't really care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's because everyone wants everyone to feel comfortable in their own body without surgery

0|0
    0|0
  • because natural is better

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• I myself don't see the point in it because I wouldn't personally do it. But feel upset that people feel the need to do something to their body when they're already beautiful. But to each his own, I'm not gonna judge. That's someones else decision and not my own.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am against plastic surgery because of the complications that can come from it. People have gotten seriously ill from it and even died. So, why would anyone want to put themselves in a situation that 1) might not give you the look you were expecting 2) can seriously become sick from 3) or die?

Now, my question to you is, why would someone want plastic surgery? Yes, to change something they dont like, but why? Once a surgery goes wrong, its hard to ever go back to the original you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, if people can be overly confident about plastic surgery then why can't you find confidence in the way you were born? There is always going to be someone who isn't satisfied with one thing about you, but not everyone is going to like you with plastic surgery either. So, what sense does it make to go through with something that is going to give you the same negative outcome as youd get leaving whatever it is you dont like, the way it is? Even if you are just doing it for yourself.

• If someone wants to pay thousands of bucks to chop and screw their perfectly healthy body then they have every right too. But I also have every right to cringe and think to all of the surgery complications and long term affects that cramming foreign substances into your body have. It also makes people look like wax dolls or lopsided mannequins in my opinion. Dolls have always creeped me out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm against it because its sad when someone isn't happy with the body they where born with because even if they change something about them selves they still won't be happy with there true self. We should all feel beautiful in our own skin regardless of what everyone else thinks. Even small girls at 6 who are ugly want get plastic surgery done on their body when they get older its sad.

1|0
    0|0
  • It could be one or 3 of these or all
    1. Jealousy that the person has enough money to spend on something like plastic surgery

2. A way to deter from their own securities

3. By the way men complain about surgery as if they have a choice in what women can do when they should be happy that we even give them the time of the day

4. They are upset when the plastic surgery looks good

1|0
    0|0
  • Because that means the person values superficial beauty over something else to spend their money on, like experiences (vacations) or improving themselves mentally

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm more upset with the surgeons and screening process because they took an oath to first do no harm.

I have no problem with people doing what they want with their body but it often doesn't look good or won't look good for very long.

If you want you A cup to go to a C and you go through proper eval go for it. But I was told I couldn't get a reduction to a B cup for reasons when I was 107 lbs with a 34DD chest. Yet doctors would have been happy to do the reverse or even G cups.

It isn't healthy to live with watermelon tits and they won't look good for long.

I put the burden on the surgeonore than the patient. You're 19 you can want what you want but the professional needs to give a long term prognosis.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to have a nose job because I hate my nose </3 I have nothing against people who want to have plastic surgery, I just don't like it when they lie about it...

0|0
    0|0
  • The trends nowadays is to accept yourself and be natural. They don't like it cause it's fake.
    Personally I think if you look best with plastic surgery why not doing it? (if you have money).

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's bad I think if it's something that would make you happy then do it

0|0
    0|0
  • No one truly cares

0|0
    1|0
  • Your lips are like, :/

1|0
    0|0
    • it's a good thing i get compliments on them all the time:)

• Show All
    • Well, you're beautiful everywhere else, just the lips distract me.

• thanks for the back handed compliment i guess

Recommended myTakes