Do women have to wear makeup?

I never find the need to wear makeup and never really used it. I'm currently in highschool and the majority of girls wear it so I feel some pressure to wear it too. I'm in grade 11 and I feel that you need it to be a woman and to have men be attracted to you. is this true?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not and this it what us guys are trying to tell you when we say you look better without it. Society and the media want women to believe and/or feel that they are "ugly" without it and nothing is further from the truth. Is a little make up nice/ok? Sure. But is it necessary or are you ugly without it? Absolutely not.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I go both ways... I can be full face one day and absolutely nothing the next... The IMPORTANT thing though is that you're comfortable in your own skin! You certainly shouldn't feel pressured to use makeup because of what you see around you, and any decent guy who really LOVES you will not need you to wear makeup for him to be attracted to you! Makeup is expensive and a hassle anyway, just enjoy being in your own skin!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• No dear, you don't need to wear make up to be attractive. Just be yourself. If you don't like it, don't wear it.

3|0
    0|0
  • No they don't. They claim to be doing it for themselves but we all know that's not true.

1|0
    3|0
  • nah its just a myth. I personaly like natural girls WAY more. It although just seem healthier from my point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, you don't need it

3|0
    0|0
  • nope. if you don't like it then don't wear it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    2|1
  • Don't fall into the "everybody is doing it trap" or the "my favourite celebrities achieve that look by this method." It's not good for your brain, it will rot you out. Maybe not, but I see so many girls get caught up in that bullshit

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 22

• No. I don't like to wear make up as well. I only wear make up (eyeliner and mascara) when there is a possibility that my picture gets taken.

My boyfriend doesn't like make up at all, and there are more guys who don't like make up (especially full foundation and everything).

0|0
    0|0
  • you don't NEED to wear makeup. it is a personal choice. I do not wear makeup usually because I lack the skills and I am too lazy. But on special occasion, I can put on some ( it takes so much time lol) I admire girl who put makeup because I know it takes a lot of time and effort. what I dislike is when they feel like they HAVE to put makeup! So you shouldn't feel pressured to put makeup

2|0
    0|0
  • No, makeup is not a necessity. You don't need to wear it to be considered a woman. Everyone wears it cause it can be fun to put on and some feel prettier with it on. I know plenty of women that don't wear makeup and they're doing just fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't where make up. I'm happy I don't, because not wearing makes me love myeslef naturally. So I look hot without makeup, and when I wear it (Only on special occasions) it's makes it even more special since I don't wear it daily.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. My inspiration is Try by Colbie Caillat https://youtu.be/GXoZLPSw8U8

2|0
    0|0
  • I am huge into hair and makeup, but that's because I find it fun and enjoy expressing myself that way... anyone telling you to do it to receive more attention from guys is clearly not in it for healthy reasons. Plus I know a lot of the time is you aren't experienced with it them you really gain no confidence wearing it out so, you do you girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not, if you are comfortable with yourself to not wear it, go for it! I know a lot of girls that wear makeup bc they feel like they look ugly without it, and I know others who wear it bc they love wearing it and the process of putting it on. Its all preference

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys who say they prefer women without makeup all full of shit.

Beggars can't be choosers

And the first girl a guy falls for usually has makeup on

Not all makeup is colorful and obvious

0|0
    0|1
  • Naw just be yourself. i only wear makeup on special occasions. Sometimes i might wear it to school

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have to wear makeup. I choose to. You should never feel pressured to do or wear something that you don't want to.

1|0
    0|0
  • you don't have to wear makeup, trust me I invest in good moisturizers

1|0
    0|0
  • no I usually don't wear it and no one says anything bad to me

0|1
    0|0
  • no nobody said this. it does make you more attractive and it's fun so i think you should

0|0
    0|0
  • No some do look better with make up and some look ugly with make up

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if you don't feel like doing it just don't do it. Let your skin breathe.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't u are beautiful the way u are makeup only enhances your beauty and plus they will look old when they are in their 30's

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people need it to feel confident. I don't really wear it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not. I've never worn makeup really and guys at work still hit on me all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. They can if they want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • We express ourselves through our appearance. If you don't want to wear makeup, don't, if you like to wear a lot of makeup, do. Express yourself however you like and also as you don't want to be judged for not wearing makeup, don't judge others that choose to do.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I got a lot of guys in my 11th grade and half the time I never wore any makeup and the other half I just wore some concealer cuz acne

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes