Is beauty in the Eye of the beholder?

Is beauty truly in the eye of the beholder or are there some objectively beautiful traits people have?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe that beauty is in the individual, no man or woman is any less beautiful than another. outward/physical beauty is only about sexual attraction, unless experienced as an art form. when you date someone most often the first impression is based solely on looks, then there's the added attraction when someone shows equal intrest in you, which then evolves into a deeper attraction with time and conversation. often we (both men and woman) don't see the real beauty of a person until they are deeply in love, and that's basically what love is, seeing someone in their rawest form, their scrapes bruises, vulnerabilities, but then also seeing their true beauty, and loving unconditionally... so I know I went in a bit of a tangent but to wrap it all together, everyone's beautiful, certain features attract certain people, that's how we're wired, but the one, the man who really sees you for you, the one who'll be your forever won't give a shot if your sick and sniffling, if you have no makeup, or your butts to small, they'll love the he'll out of you because you're you, and they see you in you're entirety and know just how beautiful you really are

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, what some may not find attractive someone else will find attractive. Just because a female is attractive to one man does not mean she will be attractive to all men.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• I'm 50/50 on this one and I think it depends more on what exactly you mean by beautiful. If you are talking whole package then yes I believe that is true.

If you are talking physical attractiveness I would say that becomes a bit more objective, however there are people who like all sorts of things so it still rings true to a degree.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, as I ripped his fucking eye out. suck it, God

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d87a250f8d.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but as a species there's things like symmetric face, golden ratio of bodies, smooth skin, and the list go on that we're usually biologically programmed to perceive as beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, being healthy is universally attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is objectively beautiful because we are all unique. Thus, our perceptions of beauty are unique as well. Just because someone isn't attuned to your beauty doesn't mean you don't have it.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course it is. there are idols (like Hollywood stars) but most of them I consider as not that beautiful as it is said they are tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • to an extent yes... but then some people are beautiful to more people than others so i guess that shows you who is more beautiful in a way.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it is.
    i don't think there is anything in assessing beauty that is objectively true.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been in love with not so attractive girls in the past. Currently I'm with a girl who's drop dead gorgeous but I don't feel that Spark with her. So yeah, beauty IS in the eyes of the beholder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. Some people are attractive to a majority of us, but not everyone's gonna think they're good-looking.

0|0
    0|0
  • yess all the way

0|0
    0|0
  • Research shows the contrary

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe so.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes