What's your opinion on how fashion has changed?

Has it changed for better or for worse?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In some ways it has changed for the better: women don't have to wear ten layers of thick clothes and corsets anymore and men aren't required to always wear a suit. But, at the same time, I think it has changed for the worse. I am completely fine with people loving themselves and their bodies, but some people go... a little too far. I'm not talking crop tops, I'm talking fully shear clothing with a tiny speck of badazeling to cover their privates and extremely short skirts where you can literally almost see people's butt holes. As time goes on, I feel like the norm becomes wearing less and less clothes. But, not everybody wears skimpy clothes so I'd say it's pretty good right now. My favorite fashion era (for both men and women even though men's fashion didn't change much until the 70's) was the 50's and 60's. I love 60's coats and both eras' dresses. Men and women both look classy. I'm not saying we should go back to the 60's fashion sense: I love my shorts and t-shirts, I just think they had some cute clothing. So, I guess after this whole rant, my answer is I don't know. Lol.

2|1
    0|0
    • fashion is itself sooth and comfort but starts with some one on trend few years back we are looking towards east, europian countries but now adays east and whole world is looking towards us, coming fashion is going to be our that means Indian tradition trend , just wait and watch, starts with patanjali, yoga , Ayurveda, natural therapy , swach bharat... ending in Indian sanskar and culture and pride to be an indian..

Most Helpful Guy

• Couldn't care less. Can't people just wear what fits and be happy with it?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• I personally think fashion is better now because there's such a wide variety of styles that are considered to be acceptable in the society! I was just thinking about changing my style the other day and it makes me excited because clothing is a way to express your feelings/individuality. I want to try different styles to find something suitable for me and sometimes it makes me feel like a completely different person which can be a good thing. Change can be good sometimes!

1|1
    0|0
  • To me worse, but then again I just like super basic clothing rather then super out there clothes
    Slides are a total pass tho ugliest things ever
    And those see threw mesh shirts
    And those plastic yeezy boots

0|0
    0|0
    • you do understand that back in the day women's clothing is a lot more crazy and complicated. If you think of it, we're wearing few pieces now and it's becoming a lot more simple (think shirt and jeans or shirt and skirt)

• It's getting to be a ridiculous race to see who can wear less in public! What happened to less is more and shame? Like wear sexy shit but why does everything have to be see through with no bra! It's classless and tasteless and if mothers can't feed babies in public then kim kardashian and her sycophants should be able to pop a boob out in public either in the name of "fashion"

1|0
    0|0
  • worse. I feel now a days too many people are wearing non modest and super revealing clothes that leave little to the imagination. As well as too many tattoos, too many peircings, shitty excuse of "music", and some just dress with no class. I miss old good fashion for both men and women.

0|0
    1|0
  • Fashion has changed for the better. If something fashionable goes out of style than later on it will come back. Everyone has there own unique style and if they bring something back than thats the best part of fashion. Having your own voice. But in my opinion it's changed for the better and it will keep changing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fashion now is twist on old fashion which is GREAT because who doesn't love fishnets and bucket hats?😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer 40's and 50's clothes. Some new trends are cool too, don't get me wrong, but I prefer the sexy without showing skin type of clothes. Mostly because I don't feel too comfy showing a lot of skin (unless it's incredibly hot and I would melt wearing too much clothes).

Also I feel people forget to consider whether a certain fasion trend is appropriate for the situation. Like wearing a short dress at a wedding or wear a top with a lot of cleavage and cut-outs to work. Also don't wear yoga pants unless you do or are on your way to yoga.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like fashion from the 50's to today for the most part.

1|0
    0|0
  • Im just confused on why pant sizes are getting smaller.

0|0
    0|0
  • i feel like fashion repeats itself... i love fashion... like not to burst my bubble here but im naturally creative and artsy and I don't know i just know how to match clothes up based on color, hair color, skin tone etc etc... like the colors just speak to me.. i dont think fashion has evolved that much.. the clothes are a continuation of the clothes back then and the cycle continues... maybe 1 or 2 things are from a different time period, making the style more unique, but thats pretty much it. humans strive for familiarity... im gonna leave it there...

0|0
    0|0
  • I am truly not fashionable but I do appreciate the art form.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fashion is the best when it's in its time. I like vintage too but i love something new

0|0
    0|0
  • For better. I love fashion. I think all fashion is beautiful in its own way 😄

0|0
    0|0
  • both. obviously, fashion is personal and some things I see today are a vast improvement for me other things in the past I preferred to modern fashion. I absolutely hate the drop waist style of the 1920's. I just think they're hideous and there's not much I love about 20's fashion. However, i have a love for platform heels of the 70s, full skirts of the 60s, etc
    And today is a lot more experimental I love these skin tight nude skirts and tops that match, embroidered heels and booties, minimalist two tone outfits, etc.
    I dislike when people throw things together and say it's fashionable. so if you're picking up what I'm putting down then you can see fashion is never better or worse, it's just fashion.

0|0
    0|0
  • From conservative to slut.

2|0
    0|0
  • is a loop.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it has changed for the better

0|0
    0|0
  • Worse. Just look at what they are demonstrating in fashion shows. It's complete nonsense, you can't even call that stuff clothes.

0|0
    0|0
    • but to be honest. most people don't purchase or wear anything they see on the runway. heck, if i go to a mall i would never find clothes like those. so i don't think fashion became worse just because of what we see the models wear.

• clothes are a form of expression. You can see trends from the 90s today that have made comebacks. Some trends leave and others stay. Today's clothes I feel are more sexy. All that matters is if that person is confident and can work it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Better. I like it anyways

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

Recommended myTakes