I just don't understand when people say that I'm a pretty dark skin , they can't say just "you're pretty" ?💔

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a microagression. They think they're being sweet without realizing that they're putting down you and your entire race to do so. It's the same as when people say "I'm not usually into black girls but..." They feel like they have to justify their attraction to you when they're really just telling you they're not worth your time.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Luxembourg? For real?

Anyway, yes, you are beautiful. It has to be cool living in Luxembourg. Might want to visit one day!

1|0
    0|0
  • You look much more pretty then their compliments. So if someone tries to hurt you for for beauty or something like it then just break his/her face and move on as it is the best return answer for people like them.❤🙈

1|0
    0|0
  • Most everyone on hear had said it all already. People are dicks or just can't use their words. If they are saying it in a negative light thank them and move on. If they are saying it in a positive light ask them if they like anything rose about you. Either way don't let people get to you, be who you are, and be confident. You are very beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's because they probably don't consider most black girls pretty. So they see you and say that not realizing it's kinda ignorant

1|0
    0|0
  • why do you think its bad if they say you are dark skin... because you feel its bad.. the next time they say you're dark skin... just thank them... because black is still my fav colour...

0|0
    0|0
  • Better than saying you're not pretty at all though 😂 but nah you do look good judging by my quick stalking

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't even compliment me at all, take what you can get xD

All I get is "You're tall" .. accurate assessment.. That's a fact, not a compliment xD

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont think its a bad thing. i am brown and people tell me all the time that they love my brown skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • More than likely means they aren't attracted to black people and don't want cause offence or seem racist

0|0
    0|0
  • You aren't even all that dark you're in between/light skinned

0|0
    0|0
  • means they don't normally think black girls are pretty

0|0
    0|0
  • You are pretty.
    They probably want to specify what they like most about you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are a very fine looking woman 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • you are pretty

1|0
    0|0
  • you are preety

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• They're probably just pointing it out because when something is intrinsically unique (by someone's own subjective standards) it becomes more apparent to them.

It's not an insult. And you're literally overthinking it if you even think it's a problem at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • I understand, people always say to me "You are pretty cute for a fat girl" and I'm just like... why can't you just call me cute

2|1
    0|0
    • I hate when they can't speak "correctly"

• I know, it just ruins everything. like no one would say "You are pretty cute for a white girl, or you a pretty for a skinny girl" cause people just assume that because you have a certain skin color or body type, that means you can't be cute

• like they need to "add " something like that is the same thing "you sing well for a fat girl "

• They say that "You´re a pretty dark skin" Bc maybe they´re only interested in white girls and you were one of the few "dark skinned" girls they found attractive, Don´t feel sad, You´re beautiful just the way you are!❤️❤️

1|1
    0|0
  • that is an odd comment. you're pretty. maybe they just messed up their words.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's because they don't realize how rude they sound. They didn't mean to hurt you. Some people just don't know how to speak properly. Just ignore them.. You are REALL beautiful, in my opinion. I mean it ☺

0|0
    0|0
  • whats wrong with black skin? its a fact... you have dark skin

0|0
    0|0
    • the way they say that , u don't understand

• Show All
    • Yep. Glad you understood

• now you can understand @anmari2001

• It is a racist statement disguse as a "compliment". Don't fall into it. You are pretty because you're just are. Period ❤

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't realize how rude it sounds. I hate when people don't think before they speak.

0|0
    0|0
    • finally a second person who understand my" point to watch"

• I have fair skin, but I agree 100%.

1|1
    0|0
  • Skin color does not matter,
    You should pretty from heart

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you
    But yes ur really pretty :)

0|2
    0|0
  • its a fact but they don't have to point it out

0|0
    0|0
  • Because your skin color is part of you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes