Why do women wear high heels?

High heeled shoes cause toe, foot, ankle, knee, hip, and back problems. High heeled shoes cost more and wear out sooner than flats or other shoes. Women who wear high heels walk like geishas and seem vulnerable. I often see women walking barefoot carrying their high heels because their feet hurt. With all of these disadvantages, why do women wear high heels?

I know a few people will answer, "to look taller," but this cannot be the reason for most women who wear high heels because many of them are above average height. C'mon ladies, what is the honest reason or reasons that you wear them?

203

Most Helpful Guy

• well for heels, in general, it goes back to France. noble aristocratic Men wore them as a status symbol.
    media.gettyimages.com/.../portrait-of-louis-xiv-of-france-known-as-louis-the-great-or-the-sun-picture-id164086177

sort of how Chinese women use to bind their feet. you can't work in heels so its a sign you are upper class. it also makes you taller and more out there. as for normal heels. high heels were worn for equestrian sports and such as they could lock onto the loops around the feet easier

eventually, women started to do the same thing along with wearing hats and smoking pipes either to piss off men or for some feminist like thing. it eventually became more popular with women and most men stopped wearing them.

women wear them now to make themselves taller and it pushes out the butt and forces them to have a sexier posture. it's also a sign they don't do menial labor or walk much

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • well, that's the full answer if you want some illogical nonsensical drivel. check the other comments. most these people would stab their thigh and walk around with a knife in it if it was popular never asking why