Why do females spend so much hours applying makeup?

It just screams out insecurity to be honest.

2911

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's being done as an enjoyable hobby, no problem. It's a pretty artistic hobby, kinda like drawing. If someone's doing it because they believe they look ugly without a mask, though, that itself is pretty psychologically unhealthy. Not telling people what to do, but majority of girls (maybe a few questionable guys ^^ *cough*) look fine without makeup unless some sort of disaster happened to their face, which some unconfident makeup users refuse to believe.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• We do it because it IS important. Or rather, society as a whole has decided it is important. And yes, in a way, it is insecurity, but it's an insecurity that's being carefully nurtured and cultivated by people who make money off of it.

Very few people like to be told that they're ugly, or losers, or not good enough, and the fashion and beauty industry makes millions by telling women that they're not pretty enough -- usually not directly, but more like in a "you would look so great if you just highlighted your cheeks a little more, if you used a nice mascara and lipstick, if you wore a shorter skirt..."

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's not an insecurity for every women

• Cause bottom line they look fake and they stupid to listen to the "media" lmfao

• Sadly, I tend not to listen to people why say things like "bitch stfu and gtfo my shit."