Is being skinny a turn off?

I'm a skinny girl and I just can't put on weight. And even though I do many sports, working out, etc, I don't have much muscle showing -_-
I have c cup boobs and my butt is small but roundish (I've spent days working out to get a bigger butt, but it does not work). My waist is 24 inch but i don't have wide hips :(.

I feel like most guys won't like me as in this day and age everyone prefers curvy girls. For example most guys I know only date curvy girls.
  • Yes
  • No
Oh and also no I'm not begging for compliments. I seriously want to know how everyone else feels. I've been made fun of for my body since I was 12 years old.

311

Most Helpful Guy

• To me you sound pretty attractive, just saying.

Anyway, don't workout or do any of this for approval or attention. Only do it to better yourself and aim to be the best version of yourself. Not who others want you to be! Be careful, others will try to make you be someone your not, don't live for other people's standards, live up to your own!

Your profile says under 18 so don't worry about it! Lots of girls want to lose weight! If your healthy, that's all you should ask for! Over time it will be easier to gain weight, so don't worry about looks.

Lots of people who train worry about appearance and aim for appearance then get consumed by it. It's like a form of perfectionism if their not "perfect". I'm gonna save you some mental pain and tell you to let it go, don't worry about it. Love, believe, and support yourself! Pursue the best version of yourself! Let your ego go, and boost yourself self esteem!

I would aim for being the best you can be, and take every physical difference as an add on, because our bodies change to what we do to it. A six pack is a side effect to working out and eating healthy over a long period of time. Don't worry about weight either because muscle weighs more than fat.

If you want to get bigger, truly for yourself not others, then this might work. Having a good metabolism makes it hard to gain weight which should be considered as a gift! Remember that! Anyway, it depends on
    • the workout
    • the diet
    • the rest
    If your doing cardio like soccer, track, or running sports you will work cardiovascular health and stay thin. Which is Perrectly fine!!!
    Doing lifts, calisthenics, swimming, or any resistance training will help build muscles.

I would stay far away from crossfit, it is terrible for you and your body.

The amount of weight, time under tension, and volume of reps can are what make muscles break down. The muscles make small tears and lactic acid makes them burn. This is a good pain, but know when to stop. I would take a cold shower to relax the muscles. Eating a surplus of calories is needed and quality sleep as well to get the best results form your training! You still will get stronger if you neglect these two but won't be as efficient. You can still do cardio, that's fine in fact will put you ahead and your muscles will show since cardio losses fat too.

Don't over do it just because you want results. Take it easy and rest. Your results will come through daily work, not one day blow outs. Best of Luck!

• Thank you! My doctor says I'm healthy but if I want to gain weight I should stop working out or I have to eat 4000 calories a day and I really can't eat that much (my metabolism is very fast).

As for the sports I do windsurf, ballet, strength training and biking, would these help build muscle (I already know strength training will)?

• I don't know about windsurfing so I could elaborate on that.

I would say ballet does, my friends in that a she's really strong, biking is good too! Maybe not the most efficient way, but it still will build muscle! I wouldn't stop working out just to gain weight, weight will come.

Depends on your strength training routine, that's the most efficient to be building mass. There's tons of excersises as you probably know. Depends on what you want to grow. But like you said your metabolism is very fast. It would be hard but not impossible to eat a lot. So just aim for healthy. Like just eat as much as you can comfortably and don't force yourself and see where that goes. I buy tubs of salad and snack on that if I'm watching tv so I don't have to eat all at once. Space your meals out, or have several small ones. Either way, I think you'll be fine!

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to say but it's true, skinny is no longer attractive (but with your boobs you might get a pass in some books).
    On the bright side you can eat whatever you want while curvy girls have to watch their intake so they don't get fat.