Guys, what do you think of this? is it trashy, cute, or?

i got my first lobe piercings done about 12 years ago when i was little. i would like to get my second lobes done on both ears and possibly even a cartilage done on my right ear because my best friend has one and she said i should match her which doesn't seem that bad of an idea actually. i waited this long because i was a chicken about it since i kinda have this lame fear of needles

when i thought about it, i remember hearing multiple people say and reading so many things that cartilage piercings are very trashy and make girls (around my age; 20) look like a hooker, slut, whorebag, etc. does it? does it make a girl have a lesser chance getting a job, relationship, etc because she has 2 lobes and a cartilage piercing?

also, please leave your opinion on what you think of it because it's making me second guess this...

by the way, i don't dress trashy ever. i'm pretty casual with the way i dress. usually a pair of jeans and some kind of shirt, fancy or not, with a pair of vans, converse, etc is what i most commonly wear

here is a reference to go off of:
Guys, what do you think of this? is it trashy, cute, or?
no i wouldn't have a heart earring as a cartilage. it's just a reference for the appearance of piercings, not what my earrings would look like (i'd probably go for studs instead of hoops/rings)

• trashy
    Vote A
  • cute
    Vote B
  • other (PLZ explain!)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
i forgot to mention that my left ear would just have two lobes while my right ear would have two lobes and the one cartilage

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think piercings of all kinds are dope. Since you're a gal I doubt you'd get any flack from a potential job when it comes to piercings anywhere on your ears. And I don't know about most guys, but I think piercings are nearly always attractive and look cute. There will always be a certain percentage of the population that looks down on all kinds of piercings, but with just on the ears you'll be pretty safe from scrutiny in most all scenarios, it's pretty normalized I think. I do have quite a bias, got an eye brow piercing, nose, and both ear lobes; just goes to show how much opinion varies but I imagine most enjoy or are indifferent to piercings. DO YOU AND OWN IT

2|0
    0|0
    • I agree 100% with you on this. So a girl having 5 ear piercings in total shouldn't make her come off as any different?

• Show All
    • Not crazy different, no. Like on the scale of piercing judgment, it's no where near the chance of getting negatively judged as someone with an eye brow piercing I think, possibly close to or lesser than someone with a single nose ring. Ears tend to be seen as quite normal to be pierced I think. My mother has 7 or so total holes in her ears from piercings and she's a lawyer, though she doesn't go to court fully decked with all those filled, I don't think she's viewed particularly differently because of it. With casual wear, you should look incredibly stylish, and the fools who might say something are just sheeple or miserable.

• Oohhh I see. And yah, I was thinking adding a few extra piercings could just "up" my overall appearance, hopefully, in a good way instead of wearing a ton of bracelets with so many more things as well

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see how anyone would think that looks trashy. I have a total of eight piercings in my ears, and have never had anyone look at me negatively because of it. Worst case scenario, you can always take them out for certain occasions. But I don't think it would even come to that. I've had a number of jobs, and never had an employer tell me that my piercings were an issue. As long as it's tasteful (like the picture), there's no problem at all.

1|0
    0|0
    • i don't see how it's trashy either. but with how judgmental people are in today's world, it's almost impossible to get by without someone saying anything. my grandmother thinks girls with more than one piercing in each ear are basically sluts. maybe because this wasn't a common thing back when she was 20, I'm not sure. i've also had guys tell me that too many piercings are trashy and unattractive. maybe by that they mean 10 in each ear and some more all over the body, who knows because I'm not a guy. and yah, i wouldn't be getting more than what the picture shows on my right ear and my second on my left ear

• It's true that we live in a judgmental world, but there's also a point where it's important to realize that we will never be able to please absolutely everyone; make decisions that feel safe and comfortable to you, first and foremost. I'm wondering if the guys who said that were also referring to other facial and body piercings? That's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I wouldn't think multiple ear piercings would be an issue. And as far as your grandma is concerned, that's understandable... I'm pretty sure most grandmas feel that way lol. But I think that the positive thing about piercings is that you can always take them out... they're only as permanent as you want them to be.

• That's a possibility to what guys think since yah I can agree, facial piercings aren't much of my thing (nose is fine, but just not on me) either. And if you don't mind me asking... what kind of ear piercings do you have? I have some questions and maybe asking someone who's been through it would be better than guessing about the answers

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It looks pretty cool. I like girls with these kind of piercings!

2|0
    0|0
  • juvenile

0|0
    2|0
  • dont do it

0|0
    0|0
    • please explain why

• Show All
    • So? The smallest bone is inside our head, not on the external part

• i meant cartilage...

• I like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • unnecessary

0|0
    0|0
    • So you're leaning more close to "trashy" then?

• Cute but wanna c more of u

0|0
    0|0
    • that's not me in the picture. it's a reference because i haven't even gotten them pierced yet

What Girls Said 6

• no its not trashy at all... i myself have 5 piercings on both ears (including lobes and cartillage)... don't feel pressured to do it because your friend did (its a bad idea to get influenced that easily)

also put in mind that cartillage piercing are tricky and take long to heal (up to one year)... so think twice about it

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't feel pressured to do it. I've wanted more piercings in my ears for almost 6 years but couldn't because I wasn't legal age and my parents thought it wasn't suitable at that age. Now that I'm older, I'm more sure on decisions rather than acting impulsively

• Show All
    • ok i have 2 questions...

1) how do you clean a cartilage piercing?
      2) if i were to shower, i'd still have to keep it in right?

• 1. i soak my piercings with warm (not hot) saline solution... add 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (not table salt!) to a little cup of warm water (you can still use a shot glass its fine) . Do it for like 7 mins or so.(i do mine twice a day the first few couple of months then i did it only once a day.. remember that over cleaning the piercing can lead to irritation).
      After that don't forget to rinse your piercing with some water cause the remaining salt might dry out your skin and might cause itching. Use tissue paper to wipe around your piercing (not regular towel cause it can harbor bacteria) and throw it away after you've used it.
      2.. Yes of course keep it in while you shower (as i said above don't remove the piercing during whole healing process).
      Just be careful while you're doing shampoo ( avoid letting shampoo getting on your piercing because of the chemicals in it.. but if it ever happens rinse off the piercing and do SSS (sea salt soak). Avoid hair dye or bleach.

• Awww cute, I like it. =)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah it's cool. Especially if you look punk. I've got 13.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't look punk at all. I'm more casual and occasionally dress somewhat tomboyish while still being casual or slightly girly

• cuuuuuuute !

0|1
    0|0
  • Super cute !!! <3

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks really cute to me

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes