How do I ask my mom if I can dye my hair?

So I really hate my mousy brown hair and for my 15th birthday, I want to go and get my hair highlighted like this https://goo.gl/images/WYB3Mr . I mentioned to her before that I'd like to dye my hair but she just moaned that I probably wouldn't like it and that she wouldn't let me dye it again and that I would just have to cut my hair. I'm not cutting my mid-back length hair so I would just have to let it grow out. Seriously, 80% of the girls at my school dye their hair. When I was in grade 7 everyone started dying their hair.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow! The hair looks very nice in that picture! This argument can be good to convince your mother, that some people has told that you will look nicer with those highlights. If she thinks that it can damage your hair, you should look for information together for lowering the probability of risk.

Good luck! ;)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I did this exact same highlighted stuff there is 6 or 7 months ago, ahah It's really pretty :') In my case it faded really well and it's still pretty even with the time.
    Say that if it you don't like it at the end you're not going to complain. Plus, it's really natural so that's not a big deal. :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Am I the only guy who hates when one dyes their hair? Well reading this you have already asked and she doesn't approve..

0|1
    0|0
    • oh no girls r not allowed to do stuff bcs guys dont like. it when they do tht... what a reason... Maybe one would look bettet with a good quality change of color

• Show All
    • hahaha That's good, you have notice that's not weird ;P

• I stand strong in my preferences and not gonna compromise.

• "Hey mom, can I dye my hair please?"

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• u first need to understand why u want it, u have a self esteem. issue or just want to do wth other girls do

0|0
    0|0
  • just have a serious talk with her how that's what you really want it's not like you want pink or something And like you said a lot of people do it

0|0
    0|0
  • say "mom can i dye my hair?"

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her that you want to dye your hair

0|0
    0|0
  • "mom can I dye my hair?"

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes