Is acne a turn off?

For both guys and girls, what do you feel when someone has (mild) acne on their face? Arms? Back? Chest? Is there any areas that would be dealbreakers for you in a relationship or is it something you could overlook?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not the acne itself that bothers me. It's more of a problem if they have serious acne and aren't doing anything about it.

Acne that is fiercely unhealthy (and honestly ugly) can be treated by various means. If it's not serious enough to need treatment then I don't think it's serious enough to let bother you. I used to have acne like that, but I went to a doctor and got it taken care of (if I hadn't done that then I would have had scars). If someone had a similar health concern and didn't try to take care of it I'd think it was weird.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont think anyone particularly likes looking at acne honestly, but no one should make someone feel bad for something they may not have control over yet.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• For me I don't mind it, I'm a guy with the scars from it on my back chest and face and there's nothing to do about it... It killed my Esteem and I had to find myself peace from which u accepted it and understand its natural and shouldn't cause anyone to judge people on how they look... Hope this helps

0|0
    0|0
  • I've got pretty bad acne, that is literally untreatable, and I can't take the higher powered medicines for health issues.

On my face, and back.
    Yet I still managed to get an amazingly beautiful girlfriend.
    Guess it matters to some. But to her, She see's me for me. <3

0|0
    0|0
  • no I deal with the same issue its scarred my shoulders completely all over my back and top of my chest. face is actually better than the rest tbh. but no it wouldn't bother me a bit I would see them as normal

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only a turn off when there's more acne than face

0|1
    0|0
  • acne is always a turn off. but outs usually temporary, so some will over look it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really considering I dont really judge a person by looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Acne isn't much of an issue, but a definite turn on are freckles... close enough I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the serious out break of acne who might be talking about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clearly not don't mind about things like that😊Boys respect more then they say😄

0|0
    0|0
  • If she has acne on her tits, noty!

0|0
    0|0
  • doesn't really bother me at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but far from a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • no really

0|0
    0|0
  • it's a turn off to me yea

0|0
    0|0
  • Really.. a turn on.. you must be joking mate..

0|0
    0|0
  • dont think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it's not a turn off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont mean to be harsh but yes. I used to have pretty bad acne and getting a girlfriend was a struggle. Now that I'm older people tell me that I look like a model. Coming from someone that struggled with terrible acne for most of my teen years I even find acne as a serious turn off. But don't feel bad, it will go away with time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you date girls as well?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Obviously it's a turnoff. Between clear skin and acne which would you choose, y'know? But it's something that can be overlooked, especially if its mild

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm obsessed with skincare but if the guy has a few pimples I couldn't care less. as long as they make an effort to keep their skin clean

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be a turn-off for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a dealbreaker but it can be off putting

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes