Are moisturisers really necessary?

I've tried so many moisturisers but they either make me more oily or break me out. I've oily skin type. My skin actually got better without it, but I've seen so many people on the internet saying that moisturising is extremely important if you want good skin. Like it's their holy grail or something. Do you all have any to recommend to me? No natural oils like coconut oil please, that didn't work either. Oil-free didn't work too. :(((

222

Most Helpful Guy

• Try Cetaphil SPF 30 dermacontrol moisturizer. It's purple.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And it's oil free.
      SPF 30 is important because exposing acne to the suns rays can cause them to scar.

Most Helpful Girl

• Moisturizers are not necessary if you don't have dry skin or if your soap/ cleanser and your water don't dry your skin out. Use a ph-balanced soap/ cleanser and avoid hot water and long showers and then you won't dry out your oily skin and won't need a moisturizer. Doing this may also reduce your excessive sebum production because drying your oily skin out causes rebound effect (your body produces more and more sebum to protect your skin). Companies try to make us feel like we need a lot of things we don't, and a lot of people buy into it and propagate the idea.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE