How to avoid paying more for color?

I want to do the balayage trend. But I want to do purple with my hair. I really don't want to have to pay extra for it. The place I am going to I hear is amazing, but it costs around $125. I was thinking of buy the purple dye after and do that bit myself since some of my hair color would be lifted. What do y'all think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I say dont do it. Really, what ever happened to loving the natural you habe. Purple oink blue green yellow. are just artidfical colors. and look so much like your in a Halloween costume. As most might guess I prefer the natural look as apposed to the artifical color.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for your opinion, but my hair, my rules.

• hey. thats totally fine. I applaud you for stating your opinion by going stright to the point. I also thankyou for not trying to change my opinion. I do understand many ladies from time to time. want to do something different with their hair. All i would ask is if you would show a photo of the new hair style/color. after you have it done. who knows. maybe Iwill even decide I like it

• I thankyou for the MHO

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I couldnt spend that much money on doing that. I rarely splurge on anything tho. I'd say if you are comfortable with trying it do it yourself. Its going to wash out either way at some point.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If you get it done at the salon, you know you're getting quality product and it will probably look way more ideal too. If you choose to do it yourself, you can pickup hairdye in purple, but be careful doing it right after your hair has been done.
    I'm not sure if you're getting it highlighted, or fully lightened, but doing that to hair can cause damage. Also, that purple colour may not apply to the hair evenly, leaving certain areas to washout looking, and even causing the colour to fade quicker. DIY hairdye tends to never come out as how we planned, trust me i have used many different colours, and different brands in the past years.

You could also speak to your stylist and ask about temporary hair colours. Explain you picked up one and want to try it out. They can give you instructions on how long you should wait once your hair is done at the salon, and also may offer some helpful tips for application, and even keeping the colour lasting.

I spoke to my hair stylist about products and about DIY highlighting kits at home. She had an entire convo with me while she was cutting my hair. They do know their stuff, and they give great advice. I say go in for your style, and see what the hair dresser has to say about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think $125 is a reasonable price. Around here, it's FROM $150. So if you could get it all done (including the purple) for $125 that's pretty good in my opinion.

If you do want to save money, buying the purple hair dye and doing it yourself is a good idea as well

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes