How to get stains out of gel nails?

Girliest question I've ever asked but I ate a sh*tload of chicken that had turmeric powder on it and now my nails are an unsightly neon piss yellow. I'm too cheap to redo them. Plzhalp.
Updates:
Lmao I love how all the men are coming to my shellac gel manicure rescue.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 0|0
    0|0
    • Haha didn't you post the peeing version of this before

• Show All
    • Ok I fixed it with the weirdest unexpected solution. I was opening a plastic bag of lettuce to feed my bunny and a bunch of the blue ink on the plastic got on my nails. I thought I destroyed them even further but when I washed it off the yellow was magically gone.

• Kind of like using a non permanent marker to overwrite/erase a permanent one? Interesting lol. Well, at least now I have closure and can G@G elsewhere in peace

Most Helpful Girl

• I think rubbing alcohol may work if you put it on a cotton swab and wipe it off. Try it first on a small patch that you would not mind getting more messed up then it already is.

Good luck. :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Lemon juice bro. Soak in lemon juice.

Or just paint over them.

Or wear mittens every day for the rest of your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm no chemist and especially not a female or an nail expert...

But I would say try cleaning them with warm water and baking soda... if not then I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • no idea what gel nails are but ill assume they are a gel so ether adding something that will get rid of the powder you split or digging it out (gel isn't solid in my experience)

0|0
    0|0
  • were they covered with a clear polish. or did you get the tumeric onto the nails?

0|0
    0|0
    • It was some shellac crap. I couldn't tell you what that means lmao nail chick said it's an extra dollar, I'm like "sure, whatever, throw it in"

• well if. it is the skin u n der the nails. it will have to clear on its own. althoufh. you quick fix. is to paint over the nails. with a polish. just choose a slightly darker shade the you normaly would wear. as a white well tend to bleed the colot through. that your trying to jide

• it appears your. fellow sisters have left you on your own. only the men understand the importance of you being happy and wanting to take care of your appearance

• are you talking about clear nail polish, or your nails themselves?

0|0
    0|0
    • Fake nails with nailpolish basically

• there's ways of cleaning your actual nails, with lemon juice then hydrogen peroxide mixed with baking soda. But likely anything that will clean them will also remove the nail adhesive.

• Bleach? or is that not safe?
    I'm not that good with chemicals.

0|0
    0|0
  • try washing them with warmwater and apply some spirit on it then wash again

0|0
    0|0
  • Amputation

1|0
    0|0
  • Vaginal fluids

1|0
    3|2
  • You ate chicken? I'll tell your mom.

0|0
    0|0
    • She's the reason this happened in the first place. Her new obsession is turmeric powder, she's putting that crap on everything

• pluck them out. no nail no problem 🀣🀣

0|0
    0|0
  • use thinner

0|0
    0|0
  • Gasoline can clean well

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe polish em againπŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • hey I need your help

0|0
    0|0
  • Try hydrogen peroxide

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut them?

0|0
    0|0
    • The entire nail is yellow, and some of my finger too bro. What are you suggesting

• Show All
    • Honestly I have no clue, I'm new to the nail world. I've been in the bathroom for an hour now soaking my nails in (almost) every liquid imaginable

• Hard to believe from a girl πŸ˜‚

• Clip them?

0|0
    0|0
  • dip them in male tears

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If peroxide doesn't work then I'd just paint over them then when you go for an infill they can file the stains out and relay

0|0
    0|0
  • Read an article earlier that lemon might help

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes