Which do you prefer on women long or short hair?

Also what color do find more attractive?
  • Which do you prefer on women long or short hair?long
  • Which do you prefer on women long or short hair?Short

631

Most Helpful Guy

• I only date women with long hair - girls with short hair look like boys.

Red hair is the hottest, next comes light brown (caramel colored) hair, then blonde, then lavender/silver, then weird colors like pink, then medium brown, then dark brown, then black is dead last.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I've had SHORT hair, I tend to attract men who:
    • Are less "traditional" (duhhh)
    • Are MUCH more sexually aggressive -- this is easily the single most noticeable difference
    • Talk to me more like I'm a "bro" -- are more blunt with me from the start (which I appreciate)
    • Don't have preconceptions about women
    • Are younger on average
    • Make the most (and, frankly, the best) conversation

When I've had LONGER hair and I've worn it DOWN, I've mostly attracted men who:
    • Are most "traditional"
    • Talk down to me
    • Want to throw money around
    • Are older on average
    • Are less sexually aggressive
    • Don't want to involve me in the things they do
    • Make the least conversation

When I've had longer hair and I've worn it in a PONYTAIL or UP, I've mostly attracted men who:
    • Seem to have lots of shit happening in their lives
    • Are sporty/active
    • Want to involve me in the things they do
    • Talk less, do more
    • Are very busy

These patterns have been very consistent throughout my whole life.

I met my husband when my hair was up in a high pony and I looked pretty much like shitters (layover at an airport ahha). Apropos of nothing, my husband loves short hair on women so much that it's pretty much fetish status. He's happy these days.

__

On top of that...
    It's well-known that short hair makes women come across as more intelligent, confident, and self-sufficient in business settings -- both to other women and to men (I can find links to these studies, if they interest you).

In light of that, the differences in guys' sexual aggressiveness (as I described above) make sense:
    If boys subconsciously think of shorter-haired women as more confident (and in particular more *sexually* confident), then a more direct and sexually aggressive approach is exactly what you'd expect from them.

Also, short hair on a YOUNGER woman does, in point of fact, represent a big fat middle finger to lots of social norms.
    So, on some subconscious level, men might be thinking that she'll give a middle finger to other social norms, too -- like making men wait for sex, and so on.

In any case, yeah, that's been my experience, and it's been a VERY strong correlation.

__

2 more things:

• I have severe resting bitch face.. and I look *fantastic* with short hair. This is highly relevant to ALL of these observations.

• In general, ONLY women who are in good physical shape can pull off short hair. So, a love for short-haired women can also be a proxy for dat #fitnesslyf mmhmm.

• This is true now that i think about when my hair was long or short how men were towards me
      what if its mid length hair between a short an long D:

• In that case, would prboably depend more than usual on the specific haircut. You'll get far different reactions if the medium-length cut is sharp, asymmetrical, or undercut (shaved underneath) than if it's more... "generic" like what you'd see on all the 8th grade girls at Catholic school.
      Generally speaking, the more "artistic" or aggressive cuts will probably provoke mostly the same reactions as the short cuts would, while the more "generic" or "forgettable" cuts would provoke mostly the same reactions as longer hair.

__

Of course, if you have medium-length hair because you're in an "awkward phase" while growing short hair back out... then... I'd imagine you'd mostly wear it in a pony? In which case the length just doesn't matter as much.

··•• ALTHOUGH ••··
      I DO find that a VERY high & ••tight•• ponytail — along with bright red matte lipstick, flawless concealer, subtle contouring, and a non dewy finish — just intimidates the fuck out of people ahha. It's fun. Try it sometime.