Girls, how much hair damage am I looking at if I want to go blonde from brunette?

I really want a honey blonde. Think Jen Aniston in Friends.
I'm a brunette. I have such silky, soft hair that I can't even tie up because it just slips out. Hairdressers gush over it every time. I might be humble bragging, but it's my favourite thing about myself. I love it, but I really want to go blonde, any tips on how to minimise damage?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• you should go to a salon that uses olaplex and get purple shampoo and conditioner that also hydrates the hair (purple cancels brassyness) also use a hair serum and hair masks

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 7

• As long as you get it professionally done there shouldn't be damage. Just make sure you use shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair afterwards. I suggest doing a balayage for your first time going blonde

0|0
    0|0
  • It shouldn't damage your hair that much. Nowadays you can bleach and hydrate your hair right after so it's okay. My mom has natural dark brown hair and went to really light blonde, her hair is okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • honestly I've bleached my hair a couple times now and it's still pretty healthy. Just use specific shampoo types that will help strengthen your hair and you should be fine

0|0
    0|0
  • hydration is the key, and try putting some oil on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Minimize damage by doing deep conditioning treatments and avoid heat appliances

0|0
    0|0
  • Olaplex 💗💗

1|0
    0|0
  • definitely olaplex

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes