If I get too many compliments is it because im ugly?

i've read it on this site... that people say ''well ugly girls need more boost so people tell them they are pretty but pretty girls don't get told because they know they are'' and fairly enough some people agreed. but honestly i think why would they say that if they didn't think so? it can't be the same for everyone right?

i think i'm pretty but not over the top and people do even compliment me like im pretty and it's a big deal or sometimes just a quick statement like nothing.

of course i don't get told all the time and there is a decent amount of time where people don't tell me i'm pretty for a while, but then i get compliments now and then. i do admit at first i didn't get much compliments but when i started to grow up i did. i thought pretty girls were the one that got compliments and not ugly ones? is it normal for pretty girls to get compliments? is it normal for ugly ones?

i'm very skeptical and i was never worried about those things but now i'm scared it might be the case (i'm mentally ill so i keep panicking over stuff)

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like OCD, I bet your pretty. But I also bet you have a low self esteem and over think things too much. You shouldn't worry, because worrying really doesn't have positive effects

Most Helpful Girl

• this is bullshit, ofc pretty girls get more compliments (actual and honest compliments) while girls that don't look that great also get compliments but some of the compliments are to not make everything awkward or make the girl feel bad or it's about her personality because you can't say anything good about her look

if you get compliments about your look, just take it, even if you don't agree people will appreciate that you can take a compliment and see you as more open up person

• to not make anything awkward or make the girl feel bad? like what for example? like.. if a girl doesn't look that great i don't see why bring it up, unless it's like she dressed up or something new and people started to compliment her to not make anything awkward or make her feel bad. because i don't think in a alone case she would. (i'm curious tho, i don't mean to ask in a bad light and you ) but thank you all for your support. and i do agree with you in the last comment, thank you.

• thank you, you are very nice

for example if not atrctive girl (ofc attractiveness is subjective) ask for opinions about her on this app she will take some compliments like nice, you are cute and etc but people say it only to make her feel better because loving yourself is important
      or for example I feel kinda awkward and bad when my roommates talk about good looking girls and they make compliments to each other but I never take any and I know I don't deserve them (I am fine)
      so if you say something nice about this girl you won't make it awkward for her

• thank you for clarifying! now i get that this was a kinda dumb question. but thank you for your last recommendation. i'll keep it in my mind. <3