Girls, Any tips for learning to walk in 4-inch heels?

I bought a pair of Dr. Martens heels with a 4-inch heel and 1-inch platform. The air-cushioned soles are a plus and I can move around, but I've never had heels this high before and need some tips on how to walk well in them (and prevent injury!).

My experience with tall shoes so far have been with an array of kitten heels (all skinny heels), boots with a 2.5(ish?) skinny heel, and sandals with 3-inch thick platform espadrilles (no heel) and another pair of 3-inch platform sandals (no heel). The Dr. Martens are a block heel with a platform and lugged soles.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just walk. Walk around your house, walk around the grocery store. Walk to your mailbox. Walk your dog. Practice makes perfect!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Toe heal, toe heal... add some sexy zest and a tad of anger and you'll get it down. I practiced on carpet with high heals and then wood floor, grass or sand is by far the most difficult if you have those heals that stab everything.
    Don't forget the books on your head, they won't fall once you have it down. Use a mirror so you won't look funny once you have your balance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wear them often and look sexy when wearing them

0|0
    1|0
  • Practice Practice

0|0
    0|0
  • Practice at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish I knew. I suck at walking in high heels.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes