Will red or purple go over rhis monster hair color?

44

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes but won't be so bright and vibrant. I have very dark hair and regularly put red over it and it's fine. I used manic panic or crazy colour, and I leave it on much longer than they say in the instructions (it's safe to do with veg based dyes) if you do it right, there are a few colours that show up, even on hair darker than yours.

• I had red hair, bright red hair (will try and link picture) and it washed out so quickly, it went right pale blonde/grey, didn't worry me, i was ready for a a new color and had red for about 6 months. My mum brought me hair color and it was by schwarzkopf and apprently it was supposed to go blonde and it went this color, im not really happy over it, it will cost a bit to fix, we dont have crazy color or manic panic here, i used Fudge Paintbox. I was thinking red and black, my boyfriend wants it purple and thats what i was preparing it for and it failed so badly. My red i let it wash out. But i wanted the blonde for the roots so red or purple will go ove it, in the photo it looks fixable, but in the mirror it looks like a green color. I was going to contact the dying company to let them know what their branded color did to my hair, cause it said on the box that if the hair is blonde it will go like a brighter blonde, not brown/green

• Mineral build up can do that. You can try clarifying your hair or using a neutralising shampoo. Going green is a problem loads of people have with blonde.
      Red is also notorious for fading fast, and some people counteract that by using a conditioner and shampoo specifically for dyed red hair or just putting a few drops of veg based red dye in their regular conditioner. It works quite well.
      Just Google"dyed blonde gone green" or similar and you'll find tons of suggestions and be able to find products for where you live. neutralise the colour first, then you can do the purple.
      If I were you though, after neutralising, I'd try to stick with the veg dyes because they have less problems like this. It takes more work and time to get it to stick, but it will work.

• I used fudge in the past with colors, its healthy for your hair, a friend of mine did a hair and beauty study class and she uses fudge all the time and said it was brilliant. Red really suits me, id link the photo of my previous red, but sadly im not of level to do that, i will try some google suggestions, i thought someone on here my have a idea or if this has happened to them, so i can get some ideas one what they did to remove or go over the colour, if nothing works well, i will just dye my hair black. Its rather a easy color to maintain and leave it black. It isn't really a color thats suits me, but gopefully i can experiment and put a color with it