Do you think that depression can cause breakouts?

I've been breaking out badly and the size of these omg, extra large. I never had such a bad breakout and it's not that I'm doing anything that could cause them. But I'm depressed and I wonder if it's because of that. I'm really worried. Nowadays I just can't go out without foundation over some spots. It does not hide the breakouts but hides only the redness and scarrings from them. And it's super gross too.

I've always had really acne-prone skin but this time it's too much. Any advice?
Regarding the stress thing: I have had breakouts from stress before. But they have never been so gigantic they are bigger than my entire face -.-

178

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't think depression would, but it's quite commonly known that stress can. Perhaps it could be some stress that is making you depressed and also breakout?

It's really hard to know exactly, but I guess you'd be best just trying to relax, meditate, drink plenty of water etc. The worst part about pimples is people tend to stress out when they get them, which in turn causes more breakouts. Try and break that cycle.

If it gets bad, try going to the doctors and seek treatment. There are antibiotics like minocycline which can work quite well.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a lot of factors why you could be breaking out. Stress plays a big part in the health and wellness of your body. However, you said that you've never had acne this bad so maybe its stress combini with something else. What have you been eating and drinking lately? if you've been intaking a lot of dairy products this could be the cause of such bad acne. Dairy contains growth hormones that when mixed with naturally produced testosterone it creates inflammation that causes acne.