Are you pro or against makeup?

in my opinion makeup should simply enhance preexisting features not create them. However, some very skilled makeup artists do take makeup to a whole other level & manage to completely change features & create eyebrows/cheekbones where there were non etc...
Are you pro/against makeup? I'm all about girls feeling confident & sexy so i'd probably say pro makeup especially when it's done naturally...

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally do not mind it when a woman wears makeup. If she wears mascara and what not.

I have a problem with it when they end up doing their makeup to make them look like someone they aren't. Like this

https://instagram.com/p/BXna1tjl6pV/

3|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pro makeup. I feel that makeup is an art form in which everyone can express themselves with. I don't wear makeup because I'm lazy. But hey, I'm not against anyone who does like wearing it.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Humans have been applying flamboyant and vivid cosmetic substances on their bodies for aesthetic, religious and ritualistic objectives for thousands of years. It's an unconventional embranchement of art in my personal opinion. It's a form of expression and symbolism. It's embodying notions in physical (in this case visually perceived) matter that evokes emotion, thought, or just stimulus. It's the same principle in this day and age, just evolved. So, with that established, according to our history of sociology, wearing make-up is in no way inherently "wrong" or outlandish. However, with the way it's being practiced nowadays, it's quite fucking clown-esque. Chicks are trying to create previously nonexistent facial features, and the subsequent is usually a grotesque, unnatural look. So, although I would never tolerate myself dating a girl with a inch layer of paint on her face, I wouldn't mind girls who use make-up strategically to accentuate and beautify their features.

However, I most definitely prefer girls with zero make-up. I don't want her to be polished or look perfect. I enjoy the imperfections and manifestation of old age on her face. Her wrinkles are a souvenir of the journey of life she's traveled so far. It's human.

1|1
    1|0
  • Neither. People can wear makeup if they want to. I just think that people who are really beautiful don't need it and I actually prefer them without it.

1|2
    1|0
  • i prefer no makeup but if the girl want it i won't mind. Makeup make the girl looks more attractive and gorgeous but i take makeup as a trap and i don't want to be trapped πŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • It's my girlfriend's choice, not mine. I tell her that she looks just as beautiful without make up to me and I also tell her that I like the way that eyeliner brings out her eyes.

I do my best to encourage her to not grab the makeup out of insecurity, because I love her and find her beautiful either way.

3|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care if a woman wears makeup. It's definitely not something I would take seriously or get worked up over. But, if I have to choose, I'd say against. It's a facade and mask, literally. It's not how someone looks most of the time and some boyfriends haven't even seen their women without makeup. Pretty insane. It's also not the best for your skin and can be taken as false advertising. I think it is. Most pictures I've seen of before and after have looked so dramatically different I couldn't even tell it was the same woman. I really couldn't. I always prefer a woman to go all natural. For any reason because it's who she really is. How she really looks

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont mind makeup but i hate a face that is full of it. Just dont use too much

2|2
    1|0
  • I'm both bc some girls use make up really good but some girls ruin themselves with it

2|1
    0|0
  • i'm not against makeup. but i am against people wearing so much makeup that it's like a mask

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean light make up is okay , like lipstick or little bit of eyeliner

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would I be against something that makes women prettier? Just make sure you don't look like a female version of Marilyn Manson

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a sucker for eye make up, but in general not so much a fan of make up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am neutral on this subject. Make can be an enhance and even create artsy, edgy, creative looks. I also lime the natural look.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pro people doing whatever they want as long as they're not hurting anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • makeup make beautiful.. definitely if you want to be young and attract your boyfriend. it's good choice. man feel hot when women look sexy

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with small amounts of makeup. Done naturally can also be a LOT.

0|0
    0|0
  • not against. a little bit is alright. i respect a girl a lot more if she's comfortable without it

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends , a casual make up is just ok but those girls that abuse it are not

1|0
    0|0
  • Against. The make up hides the true look of the woman.

0|0
    0|0
    • not in all cases but ty for your opinion

• Nothing. Let's say I'm against everything that's "fake". Makeup, fake nails, fake eyelashes, breast augmentation , etc.

• Against makeup. I'd like my girls natural beauty.

2|0
    3|0
  • Both

1|0
    2|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• I think a woman should use as much make up as she wants but there is a limitation to how long you should wear it for in a day. I'm allergic to make up so I don't wear much and I have to take it off if I'm going to be at home all day or else I react to it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Im not for or against makeup, I like it only when I have to go out at night, but I usually dont wear makeup. Because Im lazy to wake up earlier and do my makeup, because I like looking natural, and because Im not so good with makeup. I think I like myself better without makeup on

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm neutral. I never wear it but if someone wants to put extra effort in their appearance to look even better then they should.

1|0
    0|0
  • I rarely wear make up. I am happy with my natural face. When I do wear make up others say I look different, not better or worse, just different. I don't wear a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not against it and like you said when it's used as an enhancer it's great

1|1
    0|0
  • I like when only a few things are used because that's what I think that most of us "need". Less is more in this case.

But tbh, we should mind our own business and don't care about others' so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • People should do theor makeup however they want in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm against... men who have an issue with women wearing/not wearing make up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why does it matter what they do to their face? Hey lady, my your own business!

0|0
    0|0
  • Makeup can be fun, so yeah, I'm pro makeup. I prefer minimal over cake face though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care for it. I personally don't wear makeup but it's up to the girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • pro all the way

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pro-make up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its fun. u.

1|0
    0|0
  • a little is good

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the main concern here is that people still associate makeup with insecurities and fail to understand that just like some people write others play instruments this is OUR way to express ourselves. This is art and people can't see past that. If a man thinks a women wakes up with a natural smokey eye and red lips that's on him. I respect that some will still don't like it regardless but would be fine if they could at least respect that not all artists are blessed with the same talent.

1|0
    0|0
  • My stance is neutral. On the one hand, wanting to look attractive isn't a crime and perfectly normal. However, just because I sometimes CHOOSE to conform to certain societal standards of beauty that doesn't necessarily mean that I don't find the whole underlying concept of makeup to be problematic. I would never go so far as to say that makeup is somehow empowering for women or that it's necessarily "good" because it "boosts women's confidence". Ultimately it's only a superfical kind of confidence given that it relys mainly on whatever society deems to be the current beauty trend. I know a lot of women claim that it's a form of self-expression or that they like experimenting with their looks. But even so, usually this form of "self-expression" still falls within the parameters of how a woman's makeup is SUPPOSED to look and what type of features it's SUPPOSED to enhance. I've yet to meet a woman for instance who intentionally tried to make her nose look bigger with makeup or give herself a monibrow, or draw thin lips on herself, or an oversized mole, or again, even just draw outside of the normal parameters of what the typical makeup routine looks like. It's all the same thing with only slight variations.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes