Girls, who taught you how to apply makeup?

I imagine it's usually your mother or some other female figure like an older sister for example. I was raised by my dad, so I didn't have a close female figure in my life. I learned how to apply makeup by watching tutorials on the internet and practicing it by myself, I used to find it very relaxing. I think I'm really good with makeup now that I even teach my girl friends how to apply it if they have difficulties with it. What about you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I learned it all from youtube, and it was very valuable :) Now I teach friends and family and I've even had strangers come up to me at parties and say they were told to come look at how I did my makeup lol Still so much to learn, but I have all the basics down pat.

1|0
    0|0
    • You're a very good person for helping others that want some help with it. My dad always says that kindness always pays off.

• well thanks! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 29

• by myself and a bit of youtube

1|0
    0|0
  • Just by experimenting on what compliments my features. Like I can't wear heavy makeup or over do anything because I'll look weird with my baby face. I learned to stick to natural looks. Just some blush and do my eyebrows and some lip gloss 😊😊

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, and we are still very young. Sometimes that's everything you need. I'm sure you're already very beautiful.

• Haha yes we are. And thank you, I'm sure you are too!

• I mostly taught myself by watching make up tutorials like you 😬❤️ I'm still bad at it though :') I'm only good at making it simple.. I could never be so good at eyeshadows 🤔

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, like you I prefer to keep it simple. Eyeshadows can be really tricky so I don't exaggerate them. I prefer them like in this picture of me: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2566347-how-different-older-do-i-look-with-makeup

• Show All
    • Thank you very much. I'd say practice makes perfect. I spent hundreds of hours playing with makeup when I was little, it was always fun to me.

• You're welcome! I really wish I had the patience to actually practice often, but I honestly don't. I'd practice putting make up on me 4 times a month at most. And I also got a bit of an acne issue so really I'm clogging my pores and making it worse more than anything 😬 even if I'm going to wipe it afterwards because it's messing with my skin 😂

• I taught myself and only myself. nobody else taught me. I don't really watch makeup videos either. I just see a picture and I do it

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm 16, and my mom doesn't wear lots of makeup but she does wear some and she constantly tells me that i should wear some makeup just to give my face little something but i don't know how to do make up and neither does she. my one friend has taught me the most and like if we go to a party she does my make up but she still laughs because i use my fingers to do my eye make up. so ask a friend or even youtube

1|0
    0|0
  • my mom took me to a makeup counter when i was in 5th grade, my sister helped me, and i self taught from youtube

1|0
    0|0
  • Technically my mom, but she didn't know a hell of a lot about it either, so me and my girlfriends figured it out, lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, but I'm sure that was a great way to spend some time with your mom. My dad is awesome and he loves to give me attention but I don't think he'd like to talk about makeup with me lol

• Haha, same with mine. He left all of that kind of stuff to my mom 😂 She also taught me how to colour my hair, braid, and various other beauty tips, so it was definitely a great way to spend time together

• Awww, sometimes I wish I had a mom :( but I'm glad I have my dad, he always tries his best to make me happy and it's always great to spend my time with him <3

• I don't think anyone taught me. It was a learning curve. I just had to try things out for myself. Still not very good at it, though.

2|0
    0|0
  • I never really learned "how", I just bought some and watched a bunch of internet tutorials even though I never did it the way they did it. I'm still learning as I go

1|0
    0|0
  • My mother and older sister, in turn along with my mother we then taught my younger sister.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's really great that the girls in your family are always teaching the younger ones, really cute.

• Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes