Girls, it always confused me, why is it ok to be seen in a bikini but not in your underwear?

Guys, why are Speedos considered ok for public?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly even I don't really know why. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to the beach in my underwear and would feel exposed if i did even though i frequently wear bikinis, but it's pretty funny how it covers basically the same amount of skin but one is to be worn in public while the other is forbidden

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get it eather im used to it. one time we were on an exchange with my class and I went to shower and well guys room so only guys I thought ill Just take my underwear no problemo and then I come out of it and step out of the bathroom and boom whole room full of girl's with some being weird for me being in my underwear.😂😂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Bc its the purpose, you wear swimwear specifically for swimming. Plus the materials are different for underwear and swimwear. If anyone wore them outside any water related activity its automatically weird

0|0
    0|0
  • My underwear looks nothing like my bikini. They're a different material and style. At least my bikini covers a lot more than my underwear does.

0|1
    0|0
  • The same reason why it is okay to wear pants to your office but not pyjamas.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't care if someone sees me in anything as i am body confident

0|0
    0|0
  • Because a bikini bottom is thicker than regular panties.

0|0
    0|1
  • It's the context...

0|0
    0|0
  • Underwear is not to be showed in public.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah man that confuses me too

0|0
    0|0
  • Different setting, different material. It's not okay for men to be seen in their underwear in public as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never seen a difference and I hate wearing them because of that, but my parent's have always covered me up as a child, so getting older I never really grew out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is why westerns get so much shit lmao

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Speedo and other swim briefs are acceptable because they do cover what society has deemed necessary. I just wore one at the beach yesterday, and there were at least 5 other guys wearing swim briefs as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it's only okay to look sexy if everyone else is trying to be sexy

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz people are stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't see the context, do you?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't consider Speedos ok in any situation