How can I stop comparing myself to other people?

I just despise the way I look and I think that almost every girl my age is prettier than me. I hate my nose bc it's so big and I have tiny ass eyes thanks to my glasses (bc lazy eye). And my face is so wide I look like a man. I'm borderline overweight (BMI is 24.3) so that makes me feel even worse about myself. I just wish I was someone else because I'm not only ugly but I'm awkward as hell, can't make eye contact, understand basic social cues, and lack empathy. Why can't I just be someone else? How do I even love myself when I look fucking terrible and have an even worse personality?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, try to recognize that as long as you compare yourself to others, you will always feel inadequate. Or, equally as bad, you will always think you're better than some people.

Truthfully, the only person you should be comparing yourself to is yourself. Are you better than you were last year? Then that's great. Have you gotten worse at some things? Then turn around and start improving yourself.

Nobody in the world has all. the characteristics that you do, and no one has ever lived through everything you have, so comparing yourself to others is pretty silly when you think about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are beautiful. Just because society deems a certain thing as a standard it beauty, doesn't mean it should lower your self esteem just because you don't have it. Like I said, you're beautiful. And it's not only what's on the outside that counts... inner beauty is much, much more important, in my books. Keep your head up, and keep being your beautiful, wonderful self 😊

• But there's nothing beautiful about me on the inside.

• And thank you that makes me feel slightly better

• Of course! Feel free to vent to me, I'm a very good listener 😊