What do you think of this "shirt-dress"?

A shirt dress is just a long dress with buttons in front like a shirt. Half-shirt, half dress/kameez (salwar kameez is an ethnic clothing here and it usually has slits on both sides). Like this:
What do you think of this This is from the cover of our weekly fashion magazine, and it totally makes sense why this dress is so on-trend here. It's comfortable for summer and it's chic, especially when semi-western clothes are pretty popular here (I wear half-western half-desi all the time lol).

I love this shirt-dress. I can easily dress it up or dress it down. And all I need is light, natural makeup and one single statement accessory/jewelry to be ready for hanging out with friends. In fact I just described what I wore to meet my friends yesterday. For classes I don't wear anything with it, only some tinted lipbalm, maybe. That's it.

I feel like the shirt dress is also perfect for hijabi girls since most of their hijab fabric cover half of their top. With a dress the polka dots/stripes/whatever will still be visible.

524

Most Helpful Guy

• on its own it doesn't look amazing tbh but based on your profile pic with the scarf n that I'm sure you can make it work.

• I'm not wearing a shirt dress in my profile pic.

• No but you appear to wear similar clothing to my friend who's from kashmir. This is something shed wear and I think she'd go with some leggings, a light blue patterned scarf and if its cold she would wear a long grey coat thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like it. It's not cute. I wouldn't ever wear this out. No offense to people who wear it though. You do you.