What do you think of this "shirt-dress"?

A shirt dress is just a long dress with buttons in front like a shirt. Half-shirt, half dress/kameez (salwar kameez is an ethnic clothing here and it usually has slits on both sides). Like this:
What do you think of this This is from the cover of our weekly fashion magazine, and it totally makes sense why this dress is so on-trend here. It's comfortable for summer and it's chic, especially when semi-western clothes are pretty popular here (I wear half-western half-desi all the time lol).

I love this shirt-dress. I can easily dress it up or dress it down. And all I need is light, natural makeup and one single statement accessory/jewelry to be ready for hanging out with friends. In fact I just described what I wore to meet my friends yesterday. For classes I don't wear anything with it, only some tinted lipbalm, maybe. That's it.

I feel like the shirt dress is also perfect for hijabi girls since most of their hijab fabric cover half of their top. With a dress the polka dots/stripes/whatever will still be visible.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• on its own it doesn't look amazing tbh but based on your profile pic with the scarf n that I'm sure you can make it work.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm not wearing a shirt dress in my profile pic.

• No but you appear to wear similar clothing to my friend who's from kashmir. This is something shed wear and I think she'd go with some leggings, a light blue patterned scarf and if its cold she would wear a long grey coat thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like it. It's not cute. I wouldn't ever wear this out. No offense to people who wear it though. You do you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• why u didn't keep anon option!!!πŸ˜—
    its pretty.. and i love such dresses
    its too difficult to forget what happened

1|0
    0|1
    • Geez sorry! I always forget and later regret not making a poll LOL.

• Show All
    • the thing that happened b4this.. i m disturbed by that and since Ur que is so interesting i wanted to add an opinion.. but what.. i didn't knew how to face u after that all that's why i needed it

• and as u said i m blocking u.. block me tooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

i asked fr permission becoz
      firstly,,, i said i had crush on u
      and then if i would admire u u might think that i m being creepy and would b seeming that i m chasing u...
      noo... i dont want to chase anybody...
      and i can't bear that a person i like has wrong thinkings about me then...😧

so..,,, i asked for permission..
      i didn't have/had wrong intentions... and was not being creepy asking that... i asked it decently... though it seemed foolish ask like that to me also,, even deleted the wordings but since i knew i thought that i did it decently so then i retyped it...

and u know what happened next... so,,, i told everything,,,... and now i can take relief byeπŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

• Not so nice for the western world... But if you live in India or Japan, then it's more okay...

1|0
    0|2
    • Why not for West?

• Show All
    • it doesn't matter it looks so nice awesome

• country &part of world doesn't matter

• Nope, I personally don't like the dress. However if the girl has a very good personality (in the sense she is sensible, not materialistic, I get along with her etc.. etc) I'd like her..
    But a normal salwar kameez without any buttons looks pretty..

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm I don't know kinda reminds me one of those massage therapists or people that does your nails.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's basically a Punjabi male Kurta, ya it looks cool and unique and fashionable

1|0
    0|0
  • It's ugly

2|0
    0|1
  • This are one of the outfits which I like.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cute!

1|0
    0|0
  • nasty

0|0
    0|1
  • Chef?

1|0
    0|0
  • It looks nice