Should I get fake nails or just paint my natural ones?

The only reason I would like to get fake nails again is because my real nails keep breaking when they grow a certain length. I was wondering if you think I should get acrylics or just paint the real nails instead.Should I get fake nails or just paint my natural ones??
  • get the acrylics. they're prettier
    Vote A
  • just pamper and take care of your real nails so you don't have to waste money on fake ones
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• If your nails are always breaking after a certain length, then it's possible you are missing something in your diet (probably vitamin K2, collagen, and magnesium). Always keep it real...

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your natural nails are beautiful. Do a clear base coat so the red doesn't stain. Fake nails ruin your natural nails and I personally think fake nails are and do make a woman look high maintenance.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Nah,

1|0
    0|0
    • so stay natural?

• As you please. Personally think long false nails can be a bit much

• yea because it's just pointless to waste $30 bucks for fake nails when u can do the same designs on ur own real nails.

What Girls Said 18

• just color them.. they look good

1|0
    0|0
  • I love your nails tho 😍 honestly I got acrylics once and it was probs the worst decision I've ever made, completely fucked my nails up

1|0
    0|0
  • you honestly have beautiful nails (that i would kill to have like damnnn girrrll) so dont f*** them up with acryllics you already know what that can do. They long so take good care of them so they dont break easily. Have fun with them. Paint them, design them, get the little stickers they got for nail art, whatver you want. I would just stay away from acryllics tbh

1|0
    0|0
    • aww thank you!💖💖

• your natural nails are pretty and long, I would go with just painting them cause you don't want to have to go through the hassle of getting them refilled. Plus it can be pretty pricey..

1|0
    0|0
  • I would buy a special kind of oil for your nails, then they get stronger and you can paint your natural ones. you can find that in almost every drugstore

1|0
    0|0
    • what is the oil called?

• Show All
    • ok thank you

• and if it doesn't work or if you don't want to spend money you just use olive oil

• If your nails keeps breaking it is because of your diet and poor habits dealing with your hands and nails. Stop eating so much sugar and junk food and use natural vitamin e oil on your nails to coat and strengthen them. At the same time, try to keep your hands out of the water unnecessarily and use dish gloves when washing dishes. Have you ever seen what happens when a girl puts on fake nails and break off? It will rip your REAL nail off and then you'll bleed, and possible have no nails to paint, real or fake. I've been there, I've seen it, and you do not want to be a part of that. You're nails are fine. Keep them trimmed and well maintained. Length isn't worth it.

1|0
    1|0
    • ooohh sounds very painful. I guess I'll stick to natural ones

• Show All
    • @JoeSchmoeCool I know. It's dumb. But when your young, your not going to think all time what's practical. Just that you try to fit in and see adults do it. Especially when your trying to act like an adult. For most girls, this means getting guys attention.

• Oh okay.. No acrylics for me. I don't wanna ruin my real nails.

• Fake nails don't last extremely long, also you're gonna have to conform yourself to one shape most likely. Add a clear coat of gloss on your natural nails, some clear coats are specifically made for making nails healthy.

2|0
    0|0
  • I like you nails, mine also have a similar shape :) I would definitely use treatment and just paint over them. Acrylics are nice, but it's such a hassle

1|0
    0|0
  • You already have beautiful nails, you don't need acrylics. It's not going to help your nails, just use some nail strengthening base coat or oil.

1|0
    0|0
  • if your nails keep breaking defiantly don't get acrylics they will only weaken your nails more.

2|0
    0|0
  • There are these gummys at walmart for your Hair, Skin and nails. It's a pink bottle made by Nature's Bounty, and they worked really well for my mom and me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't put on fake nails, yours look good.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really like your nails

1|0
    0|0
  • Paint yours red

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay natural babe, fakery is bleh!

1|0
    0|0
  • paint yourself