How to make thin hair look better?

In a true Nordic fashion my hair is very thin and sleek. Any tips on how to make it look a bit better? I'm usually super lazy with my hair but for special occasions I'd like to put in some effort so that I don't look like Gollum.

How to make thin hair look better?

166

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have anything constructive to offer but I just wanted to let you know that I laughed at the Gollum comparison and I'm now going to call you that until the end of time <3

Most Helpful Girl

• A little dry shampoo or volumising powder, tease the roots and curl the ends 😊 Then either leave it down or pin pieces up to make a half updo without pulling your hair tight against the scalp

• Volumizing powder sounds exciting. Any brands you recommend? They probably won't sell them in Finland but maybe that'll give me an idea of what to look for.

• Mine is slightly different but that's probably just a branding thing
      https://i.imgur.com/ysFLZCz.jpg

• I don't have a curling iron so i can't really curl the ends but I think I'll definitely try the powder. Thank you so much! 😊

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 15

• I think that straight hair makes hair look even thinner than it already js (at least, my hair does).
    So maybe try to curl it a bit. Oh and you can give the illusion of thicker hair by dying your hair in a way to make it fuller by playing with highlights and lowlights!
    For example:

• I've never dyed my hair so I'd like to keep it the natural color but curling has done the trick for me before, only short term but it's still something. I would just need to invest in a curling iron.

• Vitamins will definitely make an improvement! The most common vitamin people use for fuller/stronger hair is Biotin. It may take a month or so to start seeing results but it has worked for me! I also use Matrix shampoo with Biotin. Best of luck 😊

• Use a dry shampoo that has volumizing qualities.

• My hair is the same :/ usually I try teasing it a little. Curling it, I see you said you don't have a curling iron but I use a straightener to curl mine. Dry shampoo does seem to add volume. The way it of these work best thought is if I blow dry my hair upside down that always adds lots of volume

• I used to actually curl my hair with a straightener, too, but I don't have that either anymore. I'll need to try dry shampoo or hair powder because just blow-drying doesn't too anything because my hair is super slippery.

• Lmfao SmeagleπŸ˜‚πŸ˜­ but hair extensions are a good option. If you don't want to wear them then you could tease your hair a little and it always makes the hair a little fuller!😊

• Haha an actual helpful reply! I've never really liked the idea of hair extensions so teasing could be a better option for me. There are probably youtube tutorials for clueless people like me, right? πŸ˜‚

• Lol yeah there are a ton! All you need is a comb and hairspray is optional

• Oh with my hair hairspray is never optional! It will be back to where I started in less than a minute if I don't smother that son of a bitch with hairspray.

• I understand your pain on so many levelsπŸ˜‘ so when your blow drying your hair hang your head upside down and then flip up to give volume, and literally I only have two hairstyles and that's pinned up or loose

• Blow drying doesn't really do it for my hair cause it's SO slippery. Even with a whole can of hairspray it will look good for a second and then go back to being its flat self.

• Riiiiiigght!!! As for your hair being slippery it could be your conditioner, but this'll sound odd but I've been using alpine caffeine shampoo (recently) and it gives more 'grip'

• You're probably right. I've just randomly bought both my conditioner and shampoo without really thinking about what kind to buy. I'm pretty much clueless about all things beauty related.

• A straight cut can make you look like you have more/thicker hair. Other than that I don't know what to tell you because I have a lot of frizzy hair hahahah

• Volumizing shampoo and more protein.

Though honestly, I have no idea. I do not have that problem.

• Get it layered and some foils. Also use shampoo that gives you volume

• My aunt has very fine hair too but it holds a curl surprisingly well. Does curling it work well for you?

• I need a shit ton of hairspray to keep it curly. I don't have an iron anymore either.

• use a lot of hair products like Selena Gomez said, most of her hair is fake, or added "fake" hair extensions.

• I don't really like the idea of fake hair. πŸ€”I think I'd like the illusion of thick hair rather than actually having a lot of hair.

• Part it to the side your cowlick isn't, for extra volume

• Try getting it thick & have a side pony tail bun combo

• Try to curl it or make it wavy. It gives the impression of thicker hair.

• Make it curly

• I don't own a curling iron and if I just braid it, it doesn't stay wavy for more than 30 minutes.